2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

In the acceptance email it says that acceptance is provisional based on prereq grades and continued patient care as represented on your CASPA application. I was wondering if anyone who got in previously can attest to whether or not they ask for updated patient care hours before you matriculate? I'd love to quit where I am now and go back to scribing since I feel like I learned the most from it but it's technically not what's listed on my application as current. Any personal experience with this?

31 minutes ago, littlespacey said:

In the acceptance email it says that acceptance is provisional based on prereq grades and continued patient care as represented on your CASPA application. I was wondering if anyone who got in previously can attest to whether or not they ask for updated patient care hours before you matriculate? I'd love to quit where I am now and go back to scribing since I feel like I learned the most from it but it's technically not what's listed on my application as current. Any personal experience with this?

Hey! Congrats on the acceptance. I asked Helen this exact question and she said that they won’t ask for an update of your PCE. I am also quitting my PCE job soon. 

3 minutes ago, hark256 said:

Hey! Congrats on the acceptance. I asked Helen this exact question and she said that they won’t ask for an update of your PCE. I am also quitting my PCE job soon. 

Haha thanks for biting the bullet and emailing her, I was kind of nervous about doing it. And thanks, you too! Looking forwards to meeting ya in August! 🙂

On 10/9/2020 at 3:51 PM, bballer13 said:

I also had an interview on 10/2 with the program, and loved the format they used. The University tried to mimic the best they could to their normal in-person interview. I too also was offered a position, and will have two weeks to decide!

For those of you who have interviewed and were offered a spot, how did you prepare for your interview? I am contemplating using a service to do a mock interview but I might also contact Helen and ask her opinion on the matter. I haven't been offered an interview yet but want to be proactive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 10:04 PM, hark256 said:

Does anyone know if we Get a partial refund on the deposit if we give up our spot? I know the $500 goes to our tuition but if we choose to not go to Saint Louis, will they return for the $500?

I don't believe so. I accepted my spot at SLU last year after already paying a different programs seat deposit and couldn't get that back. I would assume most, if not all schools have non-refundable deposits. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 6:55 AM, msnyder said:

I interviewed on the 2nd and had a good experience. I had 3 interviews with 3 different people. Each interview was pretty casual and more of a conversation than rapid fire questions! Love the program. I got an email yesterday offering a seat and have 2 weeks to accept or decline the offer. They said they will send out acceptance offers after each round of interviews. 

On 10/9/2020 at 3:51 PM, bballer13 said:

I also had an interview on 10/2 with the program, and loved the format they used. The University tried to mimic the best they could to their normal in-person interview. I too also was offered a position, and will have two weeks to decide!

I received my invitation to an interview on Jan. 13th and am so excited!!! For those of you who have already interviewed do you have any advice to offer? I have never used Zoom before and was told the whole process who be from 8am to 12 noon. Beside the 3 one on one interviews how does the rest of the day usually go? Can you bathroom break and snack if needed? I'm a bit nervous but more so very excited!!! 

On 1/2/2021 at 8:34 AM, MaryDeane89 said:

I received my invitation to an interview on Jan. 13th and am so excited!!! For those of you who have already interviewed do you have any advice to offer? I have never used Zoom before and was told the whole process who be from 8am to 12 noon. Beside the 3 one on one interviews how does the rest of the day usually go? Can you bathroom break and snack if needed? I'm a bit nervous but more so very excited!!! 

The total process is very welcoming. You do get breaks in between to have a chance to go to the bathroom and grab a snack. The faculty really just want to get to know you. Best advice I can give is just be yourself and don't try to be someone you're not! 

• 2 weeks later...

From the program: "Our last interview is next Friday, January 29.  All of the invitations have been sent.  We will be closing the cycle after the last interview." 

It sounds like no more interview invitations will be going out. Sorry to everyone who didn't get an interview this cycle.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Allred said:

I received an email this morning that I am on the alternate list. It says my position is #1.0. The formatting is making me doubt myself that I am not first alternate and worry that it is a typo and meant to say #10. Has anyone else received a position written in this format? What do you all think? Thanks in advance for your help.

You are #1 I believe! Mine said #20.0. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Received a rejection on Fri, Feb 12, at 8:50 AM via email. Good luck to everyone starting here! Application confirmation email received 6/16/20.