2020 cycle

1 minute ago, Yuany22 said:

Does anyone know how their waitlist works? Do they have a preference for applicants from NY? I interviewed on 10/30 and was waitlisted. Feeling very anxious!

I think every program keeps a hefty WL. They know all applicants apply to multiple schools, and there's a chance seats will be given up due to acceptances to other programs, financial issues, etc. It seems like they are going through chronologically on the WL, like they are pulling someone off who was WL in november before dec. Its all a waiting game! I was waitlisted 12/16 and haven't heard since.

54 minutes ago, PAK2020 said:

I think every program keeps a hefty WL. They know all applicants apply to multiple schools, and there's a chance seats will be given up due to acceptances to other programs, financial issues, etc. It seems like they are going through chronologically on the WL, like they are pulling someone off who was WL in november before dec. Its all a waiting game! I was waitlisted 12/16 and haven't heard since.

I noticed the same thing! That’s why I was wondering like if someone from the 10/30 interview gave up their seat they would pull someone off the waitlist from the 10/30 interview. I was waitlisted in Janurary 

1 hour ago, PAK2020 said:

As someone who was waitlisted from the 8/14 interview, I don’t believe they are going through chronologically. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Yuany22 said:

Does anyone know how their waitlist works? Do they have a preference for applicants from NY? I interviewed on 10/30 and was waitlisted. Feeling very anxious!

I don't think their waitlist works chronologically like how others are saying. I feel like once you're on the waitlist, they prioritize those who left a lasting impression and go from there, and based on their admissions page on their website, it doesn't look like they actively prefer NY applicants over out-of-state. I'm from CA and I was accepted after being placed on the waitlist for like 3.5 months