2020-2021 applicants

Hi!

I wanted to start a thread for the upcoming application. Especially with the new PA CAT requirement. 
So, who else is applying this cycle?

Have you taken the PA CAT yet or when are you scheduled?

Im interested to see if the applicant pool will be especially small given the new requirement.

Share your stats!

heres mine:

cGPa: 3.69

sGpa: about a 3.5 but I have a couple classes I’m still in & will have two pending at my time of application

HCE: 2,740

PCE: 2,860

Edited by Janew
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 7:03 PM, Janew said:

Hi!

I wanted to start a thread for the upcoming application. Especially with the new PA CAT requirement. 
So, who else is applying this cycle?

Have you taken the PA CAT yet or when are you scheduled?

Im interested to see if the applicant pool will be especially small given the new requirement.

Share your stats!

heres mine:

cGPa: 3.69

sGpa: about a 3.5 but I have a couple classes I’m still in & will have two pending at my time of application

HCE: 2,740

PCE: 2,860

I’m taking the PA-CAT at the end of the month! Good Luck!!

On 5/8/2020 at 11:41 AM, Janew said:

Good luck to you! Check back in and let me know how it was! I just registered so I’ll be taking the practice exam in about a week to get a feel of what the exam is like. Are you a CMU student? 

I will let you know how it goes! I am not a CMU student however I interviewed with CMU last cycle (waitlisted) and fell in love with the program! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, shannonj said:

Curious how the exam went? I take mine tomorrow at home and am getting all prepared for it. I'm honestly mostly worried about sitting still for 4 hours- it's kind of a long time. No breaks? No bathroom? No water? 

It definitely is a long test! lol 2 hour blocks with a 10 min break in-between. Are you taking it at home? If so you have to get permission from your proctor to leave your room or wherever you are testing! Also just an FYI it takes 8 WHOLE WEEKS to get your scores.... 😶 I even called exam master to see if I could pay to expediate getting my scores and she said no; she also mentioned that it will most likely be the full 8 weeks.

I hope I get to take the break at home! It didn't say anything about it online- just that leaving the camera is strictly prohibited. I'm really worried about the bathroom! Lol I get so nervous for exams... wow that is a long time! We can still apply without the results though, right? I am just applying to CMU this round and am an alumni so I was told it would be okay to apply a little later in the cycle since I will get an interview- I will be taking the test and then getting CASPA submitted ASAP

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, FuturePAKels said:

Hi everyone, 

I received an email notification verifying that I made it through the initial auditing process. I also received my PA-CAT scores back yesterday finally! So curious to see how interviews will be ran this year! One step closer, good luck to everyone this year! 🙂

Congrats! Just curious as to how long it took you to get your scores back? Was it the full 8 weeks or less? I took mine first week of July so it’ll be a nail-biter lol

3 minutes ago, Louns1g said:

Congrats! Just curious as to how long it took you to get your scores back? Was it the full 8 weeks or less? I took mine first week of July so it’ll be a nail-biter lol

I just got mine back! I took it on June 5th, it took 8 weeks and 4 days to be exact! 

Hi,

May I know how many people would have taken the PA-CAT exam? The program form another university insisted I take PA-CAT by July 31st to get scores by August 15th. Due to pro-metric technical issues I could not take the exam. The earliest I could do was August 3rd and I am not sure when I would get my results. When I talked to exam master they said the computer is gonna generate the scores mid month but they are not sure. I tried to talk to the program abut the issue but they said they are gonna consider the application only if they get PA- CAT scores. Now I am just looking for the schools which would accept PA -CAT scores. 

Please respond anyone?

Also please let men know if Central Michigan university would consider my application without scores?

Thanks

12 hours ago, sud said:

Hi,

May I know how many people would have taken the PA-CAT exam? The program form another university insisted I take PA-CAT by July 31st to get scores by August 15th. Due to pro-metric technical issues I could not take the exam. The earliest I could do was August 3rd and I am not sure when I would get my results. When I talked to exam master they said the computer is gonna generate the scores mid month but they are not sure. I tried to talk to the program abut the issue but they said they are gonna consider the application only if they get PA- CAT scores. Now I am just looking for the schools which would accept PA -CAT scores. 

Please respond anyone?

Also please let men know if Central Michigan university would consider my application without scores?

Thanks

If you look at Central's Website it states that the PA-CAT scores are required for admissions to review your application! I don't think it would hurt to call or email them. I'm sorry you are having so many issues with the exam, I hope you get it all figured out!

53 minutes ago, shannonj said:

I just got my scores back and I took the exam June 31st! 

Ok, that gives me a little hope. Thank you! I emailed my advisor just in case- the reason I had to take it so late was because I turned 21 in late April and the Secretary of State was closed for so long so I had no form of valid govt ID until late June. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest butterpecan
13 hours ago, sud said:

Hi Everyone,

I got my PA-CAT scores today. I am not sure how the scores are compared. Any inputs please.

In the e-mail that PA-CAT sends you stating that your scores are available, there is a link in that e-mail that they provide where you can compare your scores against others that took the exam