2020-2021 applicants

5 hours ago, FuturePAKels said:

Curious how interviews went for those of you that had them today? Was there a good amount of you? Hope that they went well!

Mine went so so well! There was 12 of us, happened to be all girls hahaha absolutely loved it. From what I heard, they're inviting about 80 people for in-person interviews. There was a morning session before us, so I'm thinking they're doing 24 applicants a day throughout October. It's rolling admissions from here on out, so essentially they'll send out immediate offers to their top picks after an interview session and fill in the remaining seats when all the interviews are completed. We could hear back as soon as within a week (if you're a top pick) or as later as mid-November is what we were told today. So if you don't hear back right away, hold on tight there's still a chance!! Overall, I had an amazing interview experience with CMU. I hope this helps give you a general timeline and gist of things, but good luck to you!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, chfamily said:

Mine went so so well! There was 12 of us, happened to be all girls hahaha absolutely loved it. From what I heard, they're inviting about 80 people for in-person interviews. There was a morning session before us, so I'm thinking they're doing 24 applicants a day throughout October. It's rolling admissions from here on out, so essentially they'll send out immediate offers to their top picks after an interview session and fill in the remaining seats when all the interviews are completed. We could hear back as soon as within a week (if you're a top pick) or as later as mid-November is what we were told today. So if you don't hear back right away, hold on tight there's still a chance!! Overall, I had an amazing interview experience with CMU. I hope this helps give you a general timeline and gist of things, but good luck to you!

This is awesome! Thank you so much for the insight & good luck to you! 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 12:30 PM, kbprepa14 said:

Did anyone else receive an interview despite not taking the PA-CAT? 

Yes, i did as well. I had my virtual on oct 2, after applying right before the deadline. I found out they made it so you can apply without the PA-CAT, but if admitted, you would have to take it before the start of the program, for statistics purposes i am assuming

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shannonj said:

I just received my acceptance email into the program! This is my third year applying and I am OVER THE MOON!! Congratulations to anyone else who may have received theirs and good luck to all applicants and future interviews!

Congratulations!

When did you had a in person interview?

2 minutes ago, ShellBell33 said:

Congratulations on your acceptance!!! I cannot even imagine! I would be over the moon as well! Best of luck to you in the program!! Can I ask, are you a CMU grad? 

Congrats again!!!! 🙂

Thank you!! Yes, I graduated from CMU in 2014. This has been a long time coming and very hard work over the years. 🙂

• Like 2