2020-2021 Cycle

I got my acceptance call and email this morning off the waitlist (8/28 interview) I couldn't believe it. Cried tears of joy! I really was starting to lose hope as it's gotten closer to the start time without word, but as others have been saying and I'll say to you now from being in that same place, do NOT lose hope!!! 

• Like 2

On 6/16/2020 at 11:06 AM, KThames said:

This is a really great question! I will say that it primarily depends on the instructor, as some don't at all, or very rarely, but others incorporate it much more. Most of the time it involves them discussing that "God has put you in this classroom for a reason" or that they are praying for us during exams, but some instructors discuss how the body is "by God's design," etc. Some faculty members include a slide or two in their PowerPoint lectures that has a Bible verse that they take a minute to reflect on, but mostly during the actual lecture, you wouldn't even know you were at a religious school. During special events, Director Poole will usually lead the class in a prayer as well but I never feel pressured to pray. The biggest related curriculum adjustment comes from the Path to Becoming a PA class where we are asked to incorporate our "Biblical world view" into our papers or discussions. Many students in my class chose the school based on its religious affiliation specifically and I think they are very satisfied with the level of religious emphasis and enjoy incorporating it into their research papers and discussions, but I just really loved the program, and actually chose it over another non-religious program and have no regrets. If religion is important to you, I think you will be very happy at CSU, but even if it's not, I think you would still enjoy the program and not feel overwhelmed by religious oversight; I certainly don't. Hope that helps!

Holy freaking yikes. I'm in awe a medical program even exists with this level of emphasis on religion. I had no clue... Well I'm glad you've enjoyed it regardless, KThames!

On 11/14/2020 at 8:38 AM, Madison56565656 said:

Holy freaking yikes. I'm in awe a medical program even exists with this level of emphasis on religion. I had no clue... Well I'm glad you've enjoyed it regardless, KThames!

I mean it IS a private Christian university so...you know that going in to it. 🙃

But honestly, it didn't negatively impact my education in any way, so I think it just depends on how you choose to handle it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am so happy to say that I was accepted off of the waitlist earlier today (8/28 interview). I'm excited to get to know all of you! Right now I'm a little stressed thinking about everything I need to do in only the next two weeks, and I'm trying to find housing arrangements asap! Is there a facebook group or groupme where yall have talked about this?

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 9:25 PM, ToriBethH said:

I am so happy to say that I was accepted off of the waitlist earlier today (8/28 interview). I'm excited to get to know all of you! Right now I'm a little stressed thinking about everything I need to do in only the next two weeks, and I'm trying to find housing arrangements asap! Is there a facebook group or groupme where yall have talked about this?

There is a Facebook page everyone has been added to. I'm sure they'll add you soon. You can message me if they take long to add you to anything! So excited to meet you on the 4th!!

• Like 1