2020-2021 Cycle

1 hour ago, NotVeryCreative16 said:

Yes, I put my deposit down last week. Is anyone starting a class Facebook page or anything like that? I'd like to start working on finding a roommate sooner rather than later.

Same! Wonder if anyone started a FB page? Would love to connect with my future classmates 🙂

On 8/5/2020 at 9:25 AM, pirate2018 said:

Got an acceptance yesterday! Will most likely put my deposit down as well. Same as above - the faculty seem great and really committed to the students and making a solid curriculum. Good luck to everyone else and be yourself during interviews!

Congrats on your acceptance! Was the student panel interview style or was it more conversational? I am wondering if this is meant to be an opportunity to talk with current students and ask questions, or if the students are supposed to be interviewing candidates and giving feedback to the committee. 

Edited by PAadri

16 hours ago, KaiteKakes said:

Is it unreasonable to call and ask for an update at this point? It's been 3 months with no word. Definitely thinking I'm rejected but I would like to know. 

its been about 4 months for me, no word as well. sounds like a good idea to reach out to someone just to see what's going on, let me know if you do!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, PAadri said:

Congrats on your acceptance! Was the student panel interview style or was it more conversational? I am wondering if this is meant to be an opportunity to talk with current students and ask questions, or if the students are supposed to be interviewing candidates and giving feedback to the committee. 

It was more of a conversation. Not sure if they relayed anything to the staff but we were able to ask about school, living arrangements, financial aid, pretty much anything. 

6 hours ago, pirate2018 said:

It was more of a conversation. Not sure if they relayed anything to the staff but we were able to ask about school, living arrangements, financial aid, pretty much anything. 

Thank you, this is extremely helpful! I'm interviewing tomorrow and I am obviously nervous, but reading some of your comments have made me feel better and helped me relax a bit knowing that it is supposed to be as low-stress and conversational as possible. Hopefully we'll be classmates 🙂 

Just so you guys know, the students on the panel do NOT speak with the faculty afterwards regarding the students who interviewed. Everything you say or ask is between just us! It's your time to ask questions and get to know what it's like to be a student at CSU and we are definitely not "judging" you guys 🙂

• Like 3

16 hours ago, eluch15 said:

How is everyone feeling after today's interview? I ended up not getting to answer all of the questions during some of my MMI sessions because I talked too much and am now very nervous😓 was anyone else in the same boat? 

yes same exact thing happened to me- hoping that doesn’t effect anything too much! 

38 minutes ago, ceo1218 said:

yes same exact thing happened to me- hoping that doesn’t effect anything too much! 

Phew! Glad I'm not the only one! Praying that they grade us on the quality of our answers rather than the quality 🙏 I have done MMI in person before, but it is definitely more difficult online! 

On 8/27/2020 at 9:51 AM, applicant18 said:

its been about 4 months for me, no word as well. sounds like a good idea to reach out to someone just to see what's going on, let me know if you do!

This is my second cycle of PA interviews so I've been through this! There are always several rounds of interviews, some early august and some late into the fall. Don't give up hope! If you are verified I would give it time

1 hour ago, eluch15 said:

Got an email that I am waitlisted. Bummer since I loved this program, but I was kind of expecting this since my interview wasn't the best. There is still hope I guess! 

I got waitlisted too and I kind of expected it, the interview was not as personable as others. Best of luck for an acceptance elsewhere! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jennl89 said:

I got waitlisted too and I kind of expected it, the interview was not as personable as others. Best of luck for an acceptance elsewhere! 

Yes I agree! I feel like I wasn't able to express who I am as a person and why I want to be PA like in my other interviews. And thank you! You too! Who knows, maybe we will be pulled off of the waitlist 🤞

Waitlisted this morning from 8/28 interview. This is a top choice for me as well! Fingers crossed we hear good news in the coming weeks/months. Agreed about the interview format. I wish there had been more time to answer all the questions thoroughly. Does anyone know if there are more interview sessions coming up?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ToriBethH said:

I also got the waitlist email. I’m super bummed... I thought I killed the interview (in a good way). Now I’m overanalyzing everything that I said.

I totally feel you with overanalyzing everything! I think that since it was one of the later interview days, there were less spots to compete for.. Hope you get more interviews this cycle!