2020-2021 Cycle

On 7/2/2020 at 2:30 PM, NotVeryCreative16 said:

I received a call just now inviting me to a virtual interview on July 31st. I applied on June 11th and verified on July 16th. I received an email saying my application was received on July 17th. Needless to say, I am beyond ecstatic about this opportunity. Charleston Southern is my number one choice. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats on the interview! If you don't mind me asking, how was the interview process? Especially since it was virtual! 

3 hours ago, ToriBethH said:

Received a call/email saying I was invited to a virtual interview on August 28th! This will be my first interview and I am so excited! (any and all tips or advice are welcome and appreciated) 

I was CASPA verified and received a confirmation email from CSU both on 6/29.

stats??

I received an acceptance call today. I'm going to take some time to think about it just to be sure I'm making the right decision but I will most likely be putting my deposit in next week. The interview process was very laid back and all of the faculty were down to earth and seemed to just want to get to know us and make sure we'd be a good fit for the program. Good luck to everyone with interviews later this month!

• Like 2

On 5/4/2020 at 11:42 PM, KThames said:

Hi guys! I’m currently a PA-S1 at CSU and really loving it! I just wanted to wish everyone good luck this cycle, and you picked a great school to apply to! If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to ask and I’ll do my best to answer. Admissions stuff is a little different this year with the COVID pandemic, so I’ll defer most specific admissions questions to the admissions coordinator. Please don’t ask what kind of questions they ask during the interview, as they kindly ask us to not share in order to keep things fair for everyone. But if you have questions about what the program is like, I’m happy to share!

Best of luck to all of you! 😁

Can you give more insight about the opportunities for service? Are they involved in serving the local community and is it possible to go on clinicals/service trips abroad? 

4 hours ago, eluch15 said:

Can you give more insight about the opportunities for service? Are they involved in serving the local community and is it possible to go on clinicals/service trips abroad? 

So without taking COVID into play, back in January we got to vote and decide what type of community service project we wanted to do during didactic year. My class voted to help a local charity that works with children who have cancer, but unfortunately we haven’t been able to carry that out due to the pandemic. It’s a little bit on the back burner right now, but I think we’re trying to find another way to serve that might be safer. There is also the opportunity for a mission trip during the clinical year, which I think is usually in August and goes to South America. I’m not sure that the clinical year students will get to go this year or not, unfortunately. As far as clinical rotations abroad, there are none offered by the school. We have the option to pick up to 2 new clinical sites, which allows many students to go back home for a rotation or two, but you have to already have a connection to the site and are not allowed to cold call places to try to get in somewhere. As far as setting one up abroad if you have a connection, I honestly do not know if they would allow it or not. That would be a great question to ask the faculty during your interview though!

Hope that helps! 😁

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KThames said:

So without taking COVID into play, back in January we got to vote and decide what type of community service project we wanted to do during didactic year. My class voted to help a local charity that works with children who have cancer, but unfortunately we haven’t been able to carry that out due to the pandemic. It’s a little bit on the back burner right now, but I think we’re trying to find another way to serve that might be safer. There is also the opportunity for a mission trip during the clinical year, which I think is usually in August and goes to South America. I’m not sure that the clinical year students will get to go this year or not, unfortunately. As far as clinical rotations abroad, there are none offered by the school. We have the option to pick up to 2 new clinical sites, which allows many students to go back home for a rotation or two, but you have to already have a connection to the site and are not allowed to cold call places to try to get in somewhere. As far as setting one up abroad if you have a connection, I honestly do not know if they would allow it or not. That would be a great question to ask the faculty during your interview though!

Hope that helps! 😁

Thank you for the reply! Definitely helps! 

On 8/5/2020 at 9:25 AM, pirate2018 said:

Got an acceptance yesterday! Will most likely put my deposit down as well. Same as above - the faculty seem great and really committed to the students and making a solid curriculum. Good luck to everyone else and be yourself during interviews!

Congrats! How was the interview considering it was virtual?

7 minutes ago, klmPAS said:

Congrats! How was the interview considering it was virtual?

They handled it very well for having so many people for an MMI format, and if there were any glitches you could call and they'd fix it instantly. It's meant to be a conversation about your motivations for being a PA and for CSU. Ultimately you are also interviewing them, so do a mock interview and prep questions for faculty/students. They know what everyone is going through with apps and covid so they don't mean for the interview to add any stress!

4 hours ago, eluch15 said:

For the people that got an interview invitation this week, did you get a confirmation email after responding to the interview invitation email? I am debating whether or not I should call their office to make sure that they have my RSVP for the interview! 

I have not got an email response. Just waiting for the detailed email on the 14th. 

3 hours ago, Karalynn21 said:

So if we haven’t received an interview invite yet does that mean it’s pretty much a rejection 😕

Not necessarily, I think I saw something somewhere about them doing another interview to make an alternate list 

• 2 weeks later...