2020-2021 Augsburg Application Cycle

1 minute ago, andruskod said:

I haven’t received an email, hoping it comes first thing today - starting to think I imagined the call!!!!

Emails probably won’t go out for at least another two hours, it is only 6:30 am in Minnesota.  I feel your pain though, I’ve been checking my email every 10 minutes since 4 am.

Emails probably won’t go out for at least another two hours, it is only 6:30 am in Minnesota.  I feel your pain though, I’ve been checking my email every 10 minutes since 4 am.

When I got my call yesterday, they said that email will be sent out today with more information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone! 

I am looking for any insights anyone has into the Augsburg program or St. Catherine. I have an invitation to both and am weighing my options (I have out of state interviews on my calendar but think I want to stay in the Twin Cities). I am hesitant with Augsburg because they are on probation and could not give me a straight answer during my interview about what exactly lead to that after so many years of continuing accreditation. I know they have been around longer than St. Kates program so I don't want to rule them out so quickly!

Thanks for any insights!

49 minutes ago, RockClimber said:

Hey everyone! 

I am looking for any insights anyone has into the Augsburg program or St. Catherine. I have an invitation to both and am weighing my options (I have out of state interviews on my calendar but think I want to stay in the Twin Cities). I am hesitant with Augsburg because they are on probation and could not give me a straight answer during my interview about what exactly lead to that after so many years of continuing accreditation. I know they have been around longer than St. Kates program so I don't want to rule them out so quickly!

Thanks for any insights!

I feel the same way about Augsburg. I asked the program director to speak about the curriculum and only received a surface level answer that was already on the website. You can read about why they are on probation on a link they provided on their website. What I got from it was that the ARC-PA had issues with how Augsburg measured student outcomes.  If I had a choice I would choose the program that is not on probation as other programs have warned me to look out for the ones on probation. 

Edited by pangu

16 hours ago, RockClimber said:

Hey everyone! 

Thanks for any insights!

I was told they were put on probation because of data reporting and measuring student outcomes mainly during clinical year. The program director explained that they have since submitted 3 reports and all have been approved. They submit one more in January and then the main review in June. She said it has been all green lights since working with the accreditation board and they fully expect to have no issues in June. 

I was debating between Augsburg and another acceptance offer as well but her explanation eased my worries. Worst case scenario, it doesn’t go well but we’d still graduate with an accredited degree. A recent grad was also in on my interview and he said if anything it’s made the process better for students because they have been able to give a lot of feedback about the program and the staff have really listened and applied their advice. Obviously, it’s a big decision so do what you are comfortable with! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, amabart said:

I was told they were put on probation because of data reporting and measuring student outcomes mainly during clinical year. The program director explained that they have since submitted 3 reports and all have been approved. They submit one more in January and then the main review in June. She said it has been all green lights since working with the accreditation board and they fully expect to have no issues in June. 

I was debating between Augsburg and another acceptance offer as well but her explanation eased my worries. Worst case scenario, it doesn’t go well but we’d still graduate with an accredited degree. A recent grad was also in on my interview and he said if anything it’s made the process better for students because they have been able to give a lot of feedback about the program and the staff have really listened and applied their advice. Obviously, it’s a big decision so do what you are comfortable with! 

Right!
The final review is in June, while the program starts in May. So, in the worst case scenario we already matriculates into an accredited program and will graduate from an accredited program as well.

• Like 1

Hey. I think I’m in the same boat as you. I have been accepted to another program that has continued accreditation. But with Augsburg acceptance I don’t need to move across the country.

If I may ask which other program have you been accepted to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Moodycr7 said:

Have you guys recieved the email from Sherrie yet?? I haven't gotten anything and the deadline for payment is Friday! Congrats to both of you 😃

I received an email this morning. So you log back into where you submitted the supplemental application and you first accept the offer. Then there is another link where you can submit the payment. 

• Like 1