2020-2021 Augsburg Application Cycle

Anyone else super disappointed with the way the interview was structured? They asked me absolutely nothing about myself.. I was shocked! I interviewed at other schools and I feel like I had a 180 experience. I understand the reasoning for some of their questions, but the overall experience was very impersonal and short. They didn't even share any information about the program, I was like whats going on lol. If I get placed on the alternate list I will drop it. 

16 hours ago, PAene said:

Anyone else super disappointed with the way the interview was structured? They asked me absolutely nothing about myself.. I was shocked! I interviewed at other schools and I feel like I had a 180 experience. I understand the reasoning for some of their questions, but the overall experience was very impersonal and short. They didn't even share any information about the program, I was like whats going on lol. If I get placed on the alternate list I will drop it. 

That’s strange because I had a very different experience! First half was get to know you biographical questions second half was more situational/ethical questions. I assumed all the faculty asked the same stuff but maybe they get to choose what to ask? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2020 at 10:41 AM, pangu said:

I’m an alternate and I just got a call this morning that a spot opened up, but I will most likely be declining so someone else will probably get a call. 

When did you interview with them? I’m also on the alternate list and wondering how they’re going by the waitlist. 

On 12/18/2020 at 3:22 PM, pana1030 said:

When did you interview with them? I’m also on the alternate list and wondering how they’re going by the waitlist. 

Hey just FYI. I had asked them how the waitlist works and they told me they don’t have applicants in any particular order. They said they evaluate the person who declined then look at the alternates and try to select an alternate who fits a similar niche as the person who declined in order to have a well rounded class. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 8:07 PM, mniemiec said:

Hey just FYI. I had asked them how the waitlist works and they told me they don’t have applicants in any particular order. They said they evaluate the person who declined then look at the alternates and try to select an alternate who fits a similar niche as the person who declined in order to have a well rounded class. 

Hey! Sorry for the late response. Thanks for letting me know. Hoping for some good news in 2021!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just gave up my spot  because I was accepted in my first choice near home in Baltimore.

I had the best interview experience with Augsburg, so it felt a bit sentimental giving up my seat...

According to the way this program chooses candidates and fills their spots, someone international 🌎 would receive a call soon! 

Good luck future Auggies!☃️🏂

16 minutes ago, sandra18 said:

Just gave up my spot  because I was accepted in my first choice near home in Baltimore.

I had the best interview experience with Augsburg, so it felt a bit sentimental giving up my seat...

According to the way this program chooses candidates and fills their spots, someone international 🌎 would receive a call soon! 

Good luck future Auggies!☃️🏂

What do you mean to international?

4 hours ago, pana1030 said:

Did they discuss the waitlist at all to you?

I referred to this quote (below). I heard of a concept of “class profile” before and it makes sense 

On 12/21/2020 at 8:07 PM, mniemiec said:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...