Accepted Applicants for 2020 Matriculation

Interviewed July 12th, offered a seat on the 19th!

Who else has been offered a seat?

I wanted to initiate a thread we could use to share thoughts about the transition from here until Day 1 of class. I'd like to schedule a Meet and Greet prior, if people are interested.

• Questions on the background check, immunization requirements or FAFSA?
  • What neighborhoods are you looking at?
  • Looking for roommates?
  • Need information on Chicago?
  • When are you looking at moving out if you're coming from elsewhere?
  • Where are you coming from?
  • What would make you feel more comfortable getting ready for matriculation?

I'm looking at the Pilsen area. Rents around $1,400, great food and nightlife, a Costco, easy access to the Pink Line, Rush (about 15 minutes) and downtown, safety seems good, especially from the National Museum of Mexican Art and east.

I'm coming from Albuquerque, NM.

Edited by rphinson

Hi!

Sorry for the unrelated response...

I am applying to Rush next application cycle and I was wondering if you have any advice for me while I prepare? I am currently working as a scribe and a patient care assistant. My goal is to work as a phlebotomist next year as well. Anything I can do to help my chances to get an interview? Thanks in advance!

Congratulations on your acceptance!

On 8/14/2019 at 6:33 PM, brucesprings said:

Hi!

Sorry for the unrelated response...

I am applying to Rush next application cycle and I was wondering if you have any advice for me while I prepare? I am currently working as a scribe and a patient care assistant. My goal is to work as a phlebotomist next year as well. Anything I can do to help my chances to get an interview? Thanks in advance!

Congratulations on your acceptance!

There are a lot of good resources online and in print. I'm no subject matter expert, but my piece of advice would be remember the school is looking for people that fit with their faculty, their program and will form a cohesive cohort. Everyone who makes an interview is a high performer, but what makes you stand out as a member of a future cohort. Write your essays to support that, and present yourself that way in the interview.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 7:53 PM, orangeblossom said:

I was looking for one too... So I found one but it only has 1-2 members? I am not sure if it's legit. 

Look forward to meeting you all!

Let me know if you find one? Maybe we could post a link here.

The school will be putting us in contact once we make our deposits. It'll be easier to coordinate things like this then.

It can't be May soon enough!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I’ll be coming from California. Excited to meet you all in May.

Has a FB page been created yet? Let me know if anyone is looking for a roommate. Would love to find an apartment with classmates 🙂 I’m looking around Wicker park, South loop, closer to downtown areas.