Interviewed July 12th, offered a seat on the 19th!

Who else has been offered a seat?

I wanted to initiate a thread we could use to share thoughts about the transition from here until Day 1 of class. I'd like to schedule a Meet and Greet prior, if people are interested.

• Questions on the background check, immunization requirements or FAFSA?
  • What neighborhoods are you looking at?
  • Looking for roommates?
  • Need information on Chicago?
  • When are you looking at moving out if you're coming from elsewhere?
  • Where are you coming from?
  • What would make you feel more comfortable getting ready for matriculation?

I'm looking at the Pilsen area. Rents around $1,400, great food and nightlife, a Costco, easy access to the Pink Line, Rush (about 15 minutes) and downtown, safety seems good, especially from the National Museum of Mexican Art and east.

I'm coming from Albuquerque, NM.

Edited by rphinson

Hi!

Sorry for the unrelated response...

I am applying to Rush next application cycle and I was wondering if you have any advice for me while I prepare? I am currently working as a scribe and a patient care assistant. My goal is to work as a phlebotomist next year as well. Anything I can do to help my chances to get an interview? Thanks in advance!

Congratulations on your acceptance!

On 8/14/2019 at 6:33 PM, brucesprings said:

Hi!

Sorry for the unrelated response...

I am applying to Rush next application cycle and I was wondering if you have any advice for me while I prepare? I am currently working as a scribe and a patient care assistant. My goal is to work as a phlebotomist next year as well. Anything I can do to help my chances to get an interview? Thanks in advance!

Congratulations on your acceptance!

There are a lot of good resources online and in print. I'm no subject matter expert, but my piece of advice would be remember the school is looking for people that fit with their faculty, their program and will form a cohesive cohort. Everyone who makes an interview is a high performer, but what makes you stand out as a member of a future cohort. Write your essays to support that, and present yourself that way in the interview.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 7:53 PM, orangeblossom said:

I was looking for one too... So I found one but it only has 1-2 members? I am not sure if it's legit. 

Look forward to meeting you all!

Let me know if you find one? Maybe we could post a link here.

The school will be putting us in contact once we make our deposits. It'll be easier to coordinate things like this then.

It can't be May soon enough!

• 1 month later...

The class list is supposed to come out on Friday and the Facebook page you guys are talking about looked sketchy to me as well. So when the list comes out and if rush doesn't make a Facebook page themselves we can def coordinate. Really looking to room with a classmate!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I’ll be coming from California. Excited to meet you all in May.

Has a FB page been created yet? Let me know if anyone is looking for a roommate. Would love to find an apartment with classmates 🙂 I’m looking around Wicker park, South loop, closer to downtown areas. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By FuturePAHopefully
      Hello Pre-PA Community!
      I want to start off by thanking this forum for the tremendous help and wealth of information provided for my own Pre-PA journey & want to give back to the community. A little bit about myself, I was a low GPA/PCE Applicant who was able to research admission strategies that landed me an acceptance to the #1 Physician Assistant Program in the United States - Duke University. Working as a tutor & academic coach for over 5 years, I value and appreciate those who invest in their future goals and want to help them along their journey.
      After spending several months researching how to get into PA School on the first try, I am proud to announce I have developed a strategy that allows one to emphasize their strengths and be accepted to their top-choice schools! My Interview Rate for all my applications were 80%, and my Acceptance Rate after the Interview was 90% through implementing pre & post interview strategies that increase memorability and subsequent acceptance. While I was looking for affordable Pre-PA services such as Mock Interviews or Personal Statement Review - I found them to be VERY expensive. While working a low pay PCE job, I found it difficult to afford these essential services. I want to give back to students at an affordable price to help save money for applications (an already expensive ordeal). I have created my own Physician Assistant Mentorship Service where I will be providing the MOST AFFORDABLE services available to motivated and driven students.
      Please visit pathtopa.youcanbook.me to schedule any one of the services offered. These services are especially useful if you are seeking guidance to joining this amazing profession (non-traditional students) or you are a driven first time applicant who wants to an acceptance their first cycle. Additionally, with EVERY SERVICE I provide a One on One Zoom Call to ensure that my advice is 100% tailored to your needs.
      Please feel free to ask about any of my services or about myself! I have just opened up my availability for February so check it out & share with family and friends.

• By henryjjj
      Hello everyone,

After a stressful interview cycle, I am fortunate enough to be accepted to both MEDEX Seattle and Rush Chicago. I'm trying to decide which program to attend.
      I live in Seattle, my parents/friends can be my support system. In my clinical year, I can move back home to save on rent money when I move to my rotation sites. I love traveling and meeting new people. Attending PA program in Chicago will be such an adventure. Also, Rush's class size is significantly smaller MEDEX's (30 vs 50). My background is in EM and I'm planning to practice in EM after graduation. Due to the higher number of trauma centers around the Chicago area, maybe I have more job opportunities in Chicago?

I am looking for a program with a support system and a family feeling among colleagues and faculties. Please let me know if you have any insight or advice.      

• By mvalland
      Hello! Would love some advice from other prospective PA students. It is November, and I am still waiting to hear from six schools. I have been rejected from four. No interviews yet.
      Overall GPA: 3.0
      Science: 2.9
      HCE/PCE: >1000 Medical Scribe hours in ER and outpatient urology
      Volunteer: 900 hours with mission trip to Romania orphanage, soup kitchen, youth camp, community cleanup, etc. Also have 150 shadowing NP, Dr, and PA in different specialties
      And thousands of hours with extracurriculars: dance, college clubs (medical and science), tutoring, and was a TA for anatomy, biology, and chemistry

OK here is what I am wondering. I know my application is not competitive... should I retake upper level science courses at a community college or apply for a post bacc program? As you can see, it will take a significant number of courses to raise my 2.9 science GPA. I will do whatever it takes to become a PA. I am thinking I should just bite the bullet and apply for post bacc program such as Hofstra or Marymount Manhattan. Any insight at all would be extremely helpful.
    • By PA-StoPA-C
      Does anyone work for or know of someone that works for Rush University Medical Center in Chicago? I am wondering what their emergency medicine advanced practice provider compensation model is like considering they are one of the only hospital institutions that don't use the EM staffing companies (TeamHealth, Envision, VEP, Vituity, etc.). How have you found their rates/benefits to compare to the staffing companies if you've worked for them previously?  
    • By PA-StoPA-C
      Does anyone work for or know of someone that works for Rush University Medical Center in Chicago? I am wondering what their emergency medicine advanced practice provider compensation model is like considering they are one of the only hospital institutions that don't use the EM staffing companies (TeamHealth, Envision, VEP, Vituity, etc.). How have you found their rates/benefits to compare to the staffing companies if you've worked for them previously?  

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More