Accreditation Chances

Guest Rescue2

Guest Rescue2

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could provide information on the chances of a university who has applied for ARC-PA provisional accreditation being successful in attaining this? I have applied to developing schools, both with long-standing and successful residential programs and have read the requirements from the ARC-PA website. So far, it looks promising, but I feel I can't get excited yet as there's always a possibility these schools won't pass accreditation.

Thank you!

They can be a crapshoot. I know of a large state university with a well-known medical school that pulled its application for accreditation AFTER its ARC-PA site visit. Not only do the ARC-PA requirements demand certain things of a new program, but they also require support from the institution as a whole.

There really isn't much an prospective student applicant can do to find out how the program will do. If something happens and one you're interested in gets accredited, great. Otherwise go with a school that already has at least provisional accreditation.

Edited by UGoLong