Updates after verification

All,

Just wanted to let you know from last years experience so you don't have the same issue. 

Background:  Wanted to hit the Aug 1 deadlines, so submitted  and was verified prior to deadline.

Had transcripts and other items from summer that arrived at CASPA after application was verified.

Two Items to note:

1 - Any grades after verification will not be updated into the GPA calculation (I can understand that).

2 - CASPA will update the file, however if you submit another application, CAPSA sends the original file to the school - Not the updated one.

YOU will need to inform the school to go get the UPDATED file, otherwise they will still see your original file.

I did not know this and may have missed out on schools looking at what I thought was an updated file only to find out later, that they were not seeing the updated version.  If I would have known this, I may have either waited (missed the Aug deadline) or more than likely told the schools they had to go into the system to see the latest file (CASPA's advice).

I found this out too late for last years cycle....Posting this so others may avoid this.

Good Luck!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, yellowsunshine said:

Do we need to be re-verified once our first app has been verified? I just submitted my second app, however the status is "received". I'm nervous because my apps are due in less than 2 hours.

Correct. Each app you send in is verified on an individual basis. Although, your typically verified much faster for the apps you submit after your first one (since they've done the thorough verification already). Ex: I had submitted apps in May which took 2 days for verification. I submitted another app yesterday and it was received and verified on the same day. Make sense? 

As RFO stated - you will have a verified application if it was already done once.

However - If this is the 2nd school in the same cycle - CASPA will not verify any updates.  They will Update the file,  Example -  when I added my degree after it application was verified and sent it to another school - CASPA sent a verified application to the school.  However - it was not the latest and when the school goes into the system for the pdates they will see the information, however the 'added' information will not be verified.

Just hope the schools will go the extra step to go back into CAPSA when they have 1200 other applications in front of them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been verified for all my programs since June and have been working full time gaining tons more PCE since applying, (I graduated undergrad in May). I have been on one interview so far and have two additional coming up in October. Should I update my CASPA or email my programs with my updated PCE total? Thanks!