Interview advice:Men

Not sure how long of a beard you’re talkin. I clip mine to an 1/8 of an inch every week and got acceptances to 4 of the 5 interviews I attended, including a school with a strict no facial hair policy for its students. I don’t recall seeing anyone from ZZ Top (candidates or faculty) at any of the interviews, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t there.

A suit and tie are a must, unless your beard reaches your belt buckle, in which case no one will miss the tie.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kidpresentable said:

Not sure how long of a beard you’re talkin. I clip mine to an 1/8 of an inch every week and got acceptances to 4 of the 5 interviews I attended, including a school with a strict no facial hair policy for its students. I don’t recall seeing anyone from ZZ Top (candidates or faculty) at any of the interviews, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t there.

A suit and tie are a must, unless your beard reaches your belt buckle, in which case no one will miss the tie.

^^That's all you need to know.

Suit/tie required.  Clean shaven optional as long as it's well groomed facial hair.

I feel like the world is moving out of times where beards are looked at as unacceptable and or unprofessional. As long as you keep it neatly trimmed and don't look homeless you'll be fine. I had a beard cut down to a 3 guard with some clippers, cleaned up the edges and went to my interview. Also id go with darker suit. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, joemer9 said:

As for the suit color, at my interview I only saw one lighter colored suit. The rest were darker shades of grey, navy, or black. That doesn't mean you can't wear one, but it does show that the color will stand out. For better or worse, I don't know

Standing out a wee bit is good. I wore a charcoal grey suit, white shirt, and a brilliant blue tie.

Guest PAhopeful85

I interviewed with a beard trimmed to 1/4 inch. Light grey suit. No biggie as I got accepted. 

Edited by PAhopeful85