How likely are people to drop out of school last minute?

Depends on the school. Talk to the admissions people at the place you're waitlisted. They might be able to tell you how many people they took from the waitlist last year if you ask politely and explain that you're just trying to work out the upcoming year. No guarantee, of course.

It's probably unlikley. But...someone could (hopefully not) have a personal/family emergency and not be able to come. If the school admits people conditionally and someone doesn't finish a pre-req class, that could open up a spot. An inconsiderate person could have "forgotten" to tell the school they decided to go elsewhere.

Give the school a call like greenmood suggested and good luck. Do you have another option if this doesn't work out?

I called today but they said it's different each year. A few years ago, that school did have 3 accepted from the waitlist just 2 days before class started, but doesn't mean it'll always happen. My other option is to reapply again and to work in my new position as an ER scribe.

I actually applied to this school twice already. First time I was rejected but I did what they told me to do last year- retook my prerequisites, got EMT-certified, got some patient contact experience, practiced more for my interview. I'll guess I'll keep working on it. Not sure if they'd take me in for a third time! Only 9 days left....

• 6 months later...

A lot of folks on this forum can learn a lesson from you when they're posting looking for an easy route to get into PA school. Unlike water, the road to PA school follows the path of most resistance! Hard work, determination, and recognizing each aspect of the application is important for an all around complete candidate is necessary for success. Congratulations on your acceptance!

Thank you Mike!! I am planning to review anatomy and physio! Any recommendations?

Neuro, neuro, and neuro.....and maybe immunology. Oh and if aren't strong in Pharm you may want to brush up on that. And a touch on micro. May want to take a peek at renal. GI review might help too. Also repro. How are you in hematology? Almost forgot - a lot of endocrine you should be familiar with.

Just kidding. They'll ram this info down your throat when you get there. Just be ready to work. The pace is BRUTAL! ENJOY!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats!! It is my experience that more times than you would think, the waitlisted kids outperform many of the kids who got in easy-peasy by miles due to, in my opinion, a combination of not being handed everything, knowing that sh** can hit the fan, and learning that hard work does pay off... :;-D:

Congrats!! It is my experience that more times than you would think, the waitlisted kids outperform many of the kids who got in easy-peasy by miles due to, in my opinion, a combination of not being handed everything, knowing that sh** can hit the fan, and learning that hard work does pay off... :;-D:

N=1?

10chars

Archived