Oklahoma City University 2019-2020 cycle

On 9/6/2019 at 9:47 PM, Fatima941 said:

I got an interview yesterday! I’m coming from Texas, I’m interested in seeing how this interview will be as it is only one hour.

So as far as what I heard from last year's applicants, apparently there is a writing portion which is given to the panel before your interview with them and then they interview you 45 min to an hour. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 12:14 PM, Buse1629 said:

So as far as what I heard from last year's applicants, apparently there is a writing portion which is given to the panel before your interview with them and then they interview you 45 min to an hour. 

What do you mean by there Is a writing portion which is given "to the panel"? Did you mean to say that a writing portion is given to the person who is being interviewed? Then they interview you after you write something?

20 minutes ago, NathanSaruriPA87 said:

What do you mean by there Is a writing portion which is given "to the panel"? Did you mean to say that a writing portion is given to the person who is being interviewed? Then they interview you after you write something?

Okay so I read something about how you write an essay before the interview and the people who are supposed to interview you read your essay prior to your interview with them. And then they interview you 45 min to an hour.

But then today I got an email because I asked them about the interview format and all she said was that it is a two on one interview that is close to an hour. She did not say anything about the essay. So I am a little confused honestly. Maybe they don't do the essay this year? 

• Upvote 1

Hi Everyone, 

I just wanted to share something with you guys regarding OCU. For the past few years I have been set on applying to OCU and giving the fact that I will be stationed in Oklahoma City due to the Air Force, I knew that my choices were limited in where I can go but also I believed that I would have gotten a fair shot at this school. 

I have a GPA of 3.7

Shadowing of a P.A at about 100 hours

Volunteer hours at about 300 hours 

Master's of Science degree completed

Patient Care hours at around 3,000 or more because I was an M.A. for an Optometrist for 8 years. 

Community service at about 100 hours or more. 

I recently got a letter of denial from an interview, I then reached out to the program director asking for feedback on my application and please see his response to me. 

I have reached out to many advisors, doctors, and P.A.'s regarding their opinion on what this staff member wrote back to me and everyone responded back that he was very concedencing and patronizing towards me for no reason. But just so everyone is aware the school is amazing and the program is awesome, but beware of the staff. 

Please don't feel defeated like I do but keep your head up and stay positive and strong. When one door closes another one opens so if you have gotten declined from this school, it may not be you but it may be the staff. 

Good Luck everyone!

O'Donogoue.pdf

Edited by aroy0714

Can any current students or students who have interviewed in the past make some comments as to what the interview is like? Who is the panel made up of? What particular questions do they ask you? Is it a grilling type of interview or is it more laid back? Are there any particular tips you would give interviewees going in to interview? How many questions do they ask you during the entire interview (i.e. 20-25)? Does it feel like a high pressure interview or one that is more free flowing?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PhamH said:

Hey guys! I hope y'all are starting to hear back good news!! Is there anyone else who received an acceptance call and would like to connect? Or is there a facebook page for me to follow for the new PA class? 🙂

I also heard the good news this morning! I haven't heard anything about a facebook group. 

• Upvote 1