West Virginia University 2019-2020 cycle

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, concernduck said:

Congrats! 🥳 Still waiting to hear back. Just wondering when did you submit your application? 

I submitted 7/3 and verified 7/8 and GRE scores were verified in Caspa on 7/12. However, I’m a WV resident and their program site says that all WV residents and WVU graduates meeting minimum qualifications are offered an interview.  So if you’re not a WV resident, don’t feel bad if you haven’t heard back yet! I’ll let you know how my interview goes! Keep me updated on your status!

• Like 1

By the way, some tips for ya'll....WVU's Health Sciences Center (HSC) building is a very confusing place to navigate which is where the interviews will be. If you get offered an interview and aren't familiar with the layout of the building, I would definitely get here a day early or a couple hours early on the day of your interview to make sure you can find the room you have to be in so you won't be late! Everyone here is really friendly, so don't be afraid to ask someone if you get lost because it's inevitable that you will get turned around in the HSC building and everyone that works there knows how confusing it can be so they are very helpful! 😁

Second note, when I got the email and the call, they said they are doing interviews from July into the fall and will extend acceptances in early fall pending provisional accreditation is received. The interviews are being held on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the woman I spoke to on the phone (Kim) seemed very lax in letting me to pick which day I wanted to come in for my interview. 

Hope this info helps and calms your nerves a little! Good luck to everyone!

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, prepastudentkb said:

Did you both get your GRE scores submitted? I submitted them to the WVU CASPA code and didn't have any issues with it!

Yup! For some reason Caspa didn’t have their code on file but they fixed it! Thanks for all the helpful tips. I am from out of state so hopeful to hear something soon. 👍🏻

35 minutes ago, prepastudentkb said:

I'm curious of others' GRE scores if you don't mind sharing. Mine weren't great but not terrible either. I'm going to take again soon to see if I can get a better score. Verbal: 146  Quant: 150  Writing: 3.0 

Mines were just average lol. Q: 151, V: 152, and writing: 4. I used magoosh to study for it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, prepastudentkb said:

I submitted 7/3 and verified 7/8 and GRE scores were verified in Caspa on 7/12. However, I’m a WV resident and their program site says that all WV residents and WVU graduates meeting minimum qualifications are offered an interview.  So if you’re not a WV resident, don’t feel bad if you haven’t heard back yet! I’ll let you know how my interview goes! Keep me updated on your status!

Just got an interview invite today!! Will probably pick the first or second Thursday of August for my interview. 

6 hours ago, prepastudentkb said:

Second note, when I got the email and the call, they said they are doing interviews from July into the fall and will extend acceptances in early fall pending provisional accreditation is received. The interviews are being held on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the woman I spoke to on the phone (Kim) seemed very lax in letting me to pick which day I wanted to come in for my interview. 

So they’re not exactly doing rolling admissions right?

hi everyone! i submitted my caspa and GRE scores on 6/20 and received an interview invite today (7/17). i am out of state and am curious if anyone has any information about what time the interviews are on tuesday/thursday. I am trying to figure out travel information before calling back for a specific interview day.  Thank you!!

42 minutes ago, drattotti said:

hi everyone! i submitted my caspa and GRE scores on 6/20 and received an interview invite today (7/17). i am out of state and am curious if anyone has any information about what time the interviews are on tuesday/thursday. I am trying to figure out travel information before calling back for a specific interview day.  Thank you!!

My interview is on a Tuesday at 9:30. I don’t know if there’s specific times they have setup or if it just depends on your availability. She seemed very flexible with me on the phone asking what day and time I would like to come. I just told her whatever was first available and that’s what she scheduled me for. Hope this helps! 

7 hours ago, drattotti said:

How long did it take for your CASPer scores to be delivered after you took the test?

6 hours ago, prepastudentkb said:

My interview is on a Tuesday at 9:30. I don’t know if there’s specific times they have setup or if it just depends on your availability. She seemed very flexible with me on the phone asking what day and time I would like to come. I just told her whatever was first available and that’s what she scheduled me for. Hope this helps! 

Thank you so much!!! Best of luck to you!

• Like 1