West Virginia University 2019-2020 cycle

31 minutes ago, mjc03 said:

I received an email about an hour ago notifying me of my acceptance to the program. I would absolutely love to be part of this inaugural class,  but I've already accepted at another school. Good luck to everyone in this first class! 

Same here. I got an acceptance as well. However, I have already accepted a seat at another school. Good luck to those attending the inaugural class! 

16 hours ago, ctpa20 said:

I also received an acceptance.  It's unfortunate that the out of state tuition is so expensive. I really liked the program. I accepted a seat at another school. Good luck to everyone!

Agreed. Really loved their high tech facilities but didn’t justify the extra 35k I would have to pay 😕.  Will be turning down my acceptance.

Really disappointed in WVU. I received an email yesterday morning stating that they still have not received their official letter of accreditation. They began to tell me that they were not allowed to let applicants know of their decision until they have received that official letter. They are hoping to have the letter by next week and to let applicants know of their decision then. I know many people received an acceptance email yesterday. I thinks it’s crappy that they lied to some applicants, when they could’ve told us that we didn’t get accepted or that we are wait-listed. Smh. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Tcooke said:

Really disappointed in WVU. I received an email yesterday morning stating that they still have not received their official letter of accreditation. They began to tell me that they were not allowed to let applicants know of their decision until they have received that official letter. They are hoping to have the letter by next week and to let applicants know of their decision then. I know many people received an acceptance email yesterday. I thinks it’s crappy that they lied to some applicants, when they could’ve told us that we didn’t get accepted or that we are wait-listed. Smh. 

I also received that email around 9:30am on 11/4 and then I received my acceptance email around 4:30pm on 11/4. So maybe they’ve only notified the people they’ve accepted and they’re waiting to notify everyone else if they’re denied or waitlisted. 

43 minutes ago, davis5an said:

Hi, congrats!! Would anyone who was accepted mind sharing their stats with me?  I am planning to apply to the program in the next cycle and would like to know if my app is competitive.

Degree: BS in Chemistry University of Charleston 3.9 GPA
PCE: 2,000 hours working as a CNA in intermediate care at a hospital.

HCE: 1,000 hours working in home health and 800 hours working as a volunteer in various locations. 
GRE: 300 combined score; 4.5 in writing 
Shadowing: 250 hours plus shadowing 4 PAs (urgent care, dermatology, hospitalist) and one NP. 

LORs: 5 total (work supervisor, 1 PA, 2 professors, and volunteer manager). 

My advice would be to worry about finding good hands on work experiences and finding any shadowing experience you can get your hands on. Find opportunities to work with the underserved. Build a group of references that can speak of you as a person and what kind of student you were. These people If you have that great of a relationship you can utilize to help you with interviews, resume help, studying, and understanding the whole application process in general. Spending a whole lot of money on this process is not necessary utilize the connections you have around you. Lastly, you can start visiting schools now this will be helpful to you and show schools that you are really interested. 

Edited by nldeitz105
  • Like 1

Just now, Bskubon said:

If someone starts a Facebook page can they post the link into the accepted students thread that someone started on here. Thanks!

I got an email today that said "Kim Wvuhsc invited you to join the group WVU Physician Assistant Program 2022." Unfortunately when I click the link to join the group it does not work. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 10/7/2019 at 1:44 PM, prepastudentkb said:

I agree. I understand it's not their fault but finding out 2 months before you start the program is a bit ridiculous. They should've just went with a May start date. I've also already committed to my other top choice so if I do receive an acceptance, I will be turning it down so someone else would get a chance. Good luck to all still waiting and wanting to go here. I'm sure it'll be a great program but the waiting process for it is so stressful. I hope they receive their official email notification soon! 

HI how are you?

I just got accepted to program this year. I want to see are you in WV PA's program right now? Thank you so much