2019-2020 Cycle

Got an interview invite for the 21st as well!  I'm coming all the way from Rhode Island.

I read through last year's interview cycle page, and based on that it looks like the interview will be pretty straight forward.  A couple of things mentioned were straightforward "traditional" interview questions (no trick questions) and a mix of individual and group interviews.  Take that with a grain of salt since it may have changed since last year, but that's what I picked up from them.

On 8/8/2019 at 4:46 PM, pa5991 said:

No invite yet.. for those who did receive invites, when did you submit? and mind sharing stats? Thanks!

First time applicant. Submitted like July 1. Overall gpa of 3.76 science gpa of 3.67 and non-science gpa of 3.85. At time of app, 2,200 hours as an MA at a spinal surgeon’s office, 150 hrs shadowing spinal/ortho surgical PA and like 50 shadowing a cardiothoracic surgeon, like ~200 hrs volunteering at an adult day health care center. And more extracurriculars and volunteers. 

On 8/8/2019 at 4:46 PM, pa5991 said:

No invite yet.. for those who did receive invites, when did you submit? and mind sharing stats? Thanks!

I hope this is helpful/provides hope for anyone applying this cycle or anyone who wanders to this forum in the future. 

My stats. First time applicant. Received interview invitation. Declined interview because of acceptance elsewhere. 

cGPA: 3.44; sGPA: 3.41; 2000hrs CNA, medical mission volunteer; 23hrs shadowing PAs; 4 LORs - MD x2, post-bac professor, nurse supervisor.

Feel free to contact me w/ any questions. 

On 9/6/2019 at 4:32 PM, mlprepa said:

Congratulations on your acceptance! 

When did you submit for Dominican before receiving an interview? And any interview tips and advice?

I submitted May 28. Received interview invite on Aug 21. Interview advice: expect the obvious interview questions and prepare for the unexpected by examining yourself, i.e. what do you like, dislike, value; what principles do you follow; etc. 

• Like 1

To those who interviewed today, CONGRATS. You survived [emoji846] hope it went well!!! Any insight/tips for those of us interviewing in nov? Would really appreciate if you’d share your experiences, what you thought about the faculty/school/program, and what the nature of the individual interview is like ? 

Just don’t be nervous. They were all friendly and down to earth. There were really no surprises or trick questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk