2019-2020 Cycle

4 hours ago, Jaypep said:

Just don’t be nervous. They were all friendly and down to earth. There were really no surprises or trick questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! I guess that calms my nerves  a bit haha. It’s my first interview. (So far) would you say that the 2-on-2 is more conversational/traditional questions? 

On 9/21/2019 at 8:06 PM, bk5991 said:

To those who interviewed today, CONGRATS. You survived 🙂 hope it went well!!! Any insight/tips for those of us interviewing in nov? Would really appreciate if you’d share your experiences, what you thought about the faculty/school/program, and what the nature of the individual interview is like ? 

The faculty there is super friendly. Interview questions were pretty standard and straight-forward. I felt like they most wanted to see our true colors and if we can handle stress well.

My 2-on-2 session was quite conversational. My partner and I reflected on each other’s answers and that helped.

Good luck on your interview!

Edited by PCKatz

2 minutes ago, PCKatz said:

The faculty there is super friendly. Interview questions were pretty standard and straight-forward. I felt like they most wanted to see our true colors and if we can handle stress well.

Thank you so much! Was the 2-2 more conversational/laidback? Group interviews (for jobs at least) can tend get competitive haha

Thank you so much! I guess that calms my nerves  a bit haha. It’s my first interview. (So far) would you say that the 2-on-2 is more conversational/traditional questions? 

I wouldn’t say conversational. You both take turns answering the same questions. Again, there were no tricks, just straight foward questions.

On 9/23/2019 at 7:25 PM, PCKatz said:

My 2-on-2 session was quite conversational. My partner and I reflected on each other’s answers and that helped.

1 hour ago, Jaypep said:

I wouldn’t say conversational. You both take turns answering the same questions. Again, there were no tricks, just straight foward questions.

Thank you both for your input!!! I appreciate it!! 🙂

13 hours ago, TinaRocketfish said:

Hey everyone. For those that interviewed 9/21, do you remember if they said when we would be hearing back? I don't remember them saying and I totally forgot to ask. 

I remember them saying 2-4 weeks but most of their current students said they got the call in about a week and a half. So hopefully we'll be hearing something this week!!

Don't be too competitive during the 2x2 and make sure you're actually answering the question(s) in full (all parts). My partner was quite competitive and put a lot of emphasis on DU being her "stomping grounds" (and she actually used this terminology during the interview) since she went there for undergrad. I am from the east coast so I was afraid I was at a disadvantage.

Turns out, not so 🙂 My interviewer was extremely straight faced and barely showed interest in me, and seemed to be listening more intently to the other girl, up until the last minute when she gently complemented my personality. She gave me the acceptance call and told me I performed extremely well - so do not let their poker faces get to you! 

• Like 1

Don't be too competitive during the 2x2 and make sure you're actually answering the question(s) in full (all parts). My partner was quite competitive and put a lot of emphasis on DU being her "stomping grounds" (and she actually used this terminology during the interview) since she went there for undergrad. I am from the east coast so I was afraid I was at a disadvantage.
Turns out, not so [emoji846] My interviewer was extremely straight faced and barely showed interest in me, and seemed to be listening more intently to the other girl, up until the last minute when she gently complemented my personality. She gave me the acceptance call and told me I performed extremely well - so do not let their poker faces get to you! 

Are you from Pittsburgh? If so, I apologize you felt that way. Anyhow, it’s good to know we both made it through the toughest part and was awarded a seat in the upcoming cohort! Congratulations!