Penn State PA Program 2019-2020 Cycle

On 1/7/2020 at 6:30 AM, PAshley said:

Congratulations to everyone who has interviewed and/or accepted a seat! I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to review the secondary application. It seems that when you logback into LionPath the message displays as, "Your application has already been submitted". Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi PAshley: Once an application has been submitted in our application portal, there is no way to go back and revisit your submission. If you have any specific questions regarding your submission, please email me directly at cstopper@pennstatehealth.psu.edu 

Caryn Stopper
Director of Admissions

5 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

Anyone who applied back in the summer still waiting to hear anything back? I’ve tried emailing the program 3 times and still have not received a reply..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi BuckyBadger and other applicants waiting to hear a response - Thanks for posting. I know it is hard waiting to hear a decision.

I would ask those candidates who have still not heard a response from Penn State to refer to the email sent from our Program with subject line: Penn State: Receipt of Secondary Application. In this email, a few paragraphs down, it states:

*Be assured that every applicant who has submitted a secondary application and official GRE score to our program will receive an admissions notification via email and/or direct mail. This may take longer than you would hope, but I assure you we are being diligent in our review and selection of candidates to be interviewed. Our review is a detailed, and at times, lengthy process but, we guarantee that we will notify you on your admissions status when a final decision has been reached. 

If you have yet to hear from our program, your admissions file remains under active consideration for an interview.

Due to the sheer volume of individual email requests I receive requesting an update on their status, I am unable to respond to each person individually, and the auto-reply I do send detailing questions about status updates should be of some assistance. 

Wishing everyone the best as we continue moving through the admissions cycle -

Caryn Stopper
Director of Admissions

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

As we approach the end of this CASPA cycle for PSU, I would anticipate that everyone will receive an update within the next month.  I have been in your shoes and understand first-hand that waiting is the hardest part!  This forum will remain active until a thread for the 2020-21 cycle is created so continue to post your questions and share your comments.  

Best of luck!

-Sue, PA-C, PSU Class of 2017

11 minutes ago, ST@PSU said:

Hi everyone,

As we approach the end of this CASPA cycle for PSU, I would anticipate that everyone will receive an update within the next month.  I have been in your shoes and understand first-hand that waiting is the hardest part!  This forum will remain active until a thread for the 2020-21 cycle is created so continue to post your questions and share your comments.  

Best of luck!

-Sue, PA-C, PSU Class of 2017

An update meaning the last interview invites/rejections? Or if we haven’t received an invite then we will be receiving an official rejection within the next month..

On 2/12/2020 at 7:11 PM, tammyrins said:

An update meaning the last interview invites/rejections? Or if we haven’t received an invite then we will be receiving an official rejection within the next month..

Unless already notified, all applicants should learn of their individual status within about the next month.  With the application deadline past, only those that submitted completed CASPA and PSU secondary applications prior to the deadline will receive interview invites from that date forward.  Once the final interviews take place, the class will be filled and everyone notified of their status.  After this, the waitlist is utilized to fill any openings should they become available.  Hope this helps.

I know there are so many applicants patiently waiting for admissions notifications/updates on their application to Penn State. The committee is continuing to work diligently to provide notification to each of you. I do understand the waiting game is painful at times. Trust we are working hard to provide each candidate with their admissions status. Seats remain open and we are continuing to interview.

Caryn Stopper, M.Ed.
Director of Admissions

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, eluch15 said:

Has anyone heard from Penn State? With it being mid-March already, I have been expecting at least a rejection email, but still did not receive anything. 

All final admissions notification were sent via email in February. This communication has been sent to all applicants who submitted both a CASPA-verified and secondary application. If you did not hear from us, it may be that your file was never fully completed. If you have more questions, my advice would be to provide your 10-digit CAS ID and name in an email to psupaprogram@pennstatehealth.psu.edu 

Caryn Stopper
Director of Admissions

On 3/16/2020 at 10:02 AM, PennState_PA_Program said:

All final admissions notification were sent via email in February. This communication has been sent to all applicants who submitted both a CASPA-verified and secondary application. If you did not hear from us, it may be that your file was never fully completed. If you have more questions, my advice would be to provide your 10-digit CAS ID and name in an email to psupaprogram@pennstatehealth.psu.edu 

Caryn Stopper
Director of Admissions

Thank you for the feedback! I did submit both applications with the required GRE score and official transcripts (I received confirmation emails for both). I sent an email to that email address a few days ago and tried calling the admissions office twice. Are the employees at Penn State in quarantine currently? I would like to know what the issue with my application was, but understand if I will not receive a reply for awhile due to the current coronavirus situation. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 3:34 PM, eluch15 said:

Thank you for the feedback! I did submit both applications with the required GRE score and official transcripts (I received confirmation emails for both). I sent an email to that email address a few days ago and tried calling the admissions office twice. Are the employees at Penn State in quarantine currently? I would like to know what the issue with my application was, but understand if I will not receive a reply for awhile due to the current coronavirus situation. 

The College of Medicine students, faculty and staff are all remote since prior to your posted 3/19/20. My apologies if your email was missed during what is an incredibly difficult time. Please re-forward your email, include your CASPA 10-digit ID as well as your full name and I will be able to take a look.

Caryn Stopper
Director of Admissions

• Like 1