Penn State PA Program 2019-2020 Cycle

Just now, jyk38pa said:

Looks like the supplemental application just went live. Is anyone else having technical issues with it or is it just me? 

Yeah. I'm a PSU alumni and I just spent 20 minutes with IT to only be told that I will not have access to the lionpath website the instructions said to use because they just literally can't give me access unless I'm a student. Moved on to try and use the regular method and my password doesn't work despite using caps, not using caps, etc. I'll probably email them tomorrow?

21 minutes ago, kek5388 said:

Yeah. I'm a PSU alumni and I just spent 20 minutes with IT to only be told that I will not have access to the lionpath website the instructions said to use because they just literally can't give me access unless I'm a student. Moved on to try and use the regular method and my password doesn't work despite using caps, not using caps, etc. I'll probably email them tomorrow?

I'm an alum too and the same exact thing just happened to me. I think it's something that they'll have to change with the supplemental app- I don't think we can just get access to lion path again just because we are alumni.

I am also an alum (graduated in December) with access to Lion Path. When I access the self-service folder on Lion Path there is no PA application. Also, the email I received was through my Penn State email and not the email I have on CASPA application.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

As I remember in years past, Caryn has had to assist current PSU students and PSU alums overcome technical difficulties that came along with already being in the system (namely, how your PSU ID is assigned and the access it does or does not allow you).  I experienced some hiccups myself as I moved through the system from PSCOM student to Penn State Health employee with a per diem position with the College throwing yet another variable into the equation.  I am absolutely certain that the long term goal is to resolve these issues for all of us who move in and out of PSU entities.  However, in the short term, please do make the Program aware of the problems you are encountering.

Thanks again for your patience!!

-Sue

• Like 1

Still having a lot of trouble accessing the secondary application as an alumni. The ITS Accounts Office we were told to contact in the original email is telling me that they cannot give me access to my PSU Access Account again until I am officially re-enrolled as a student. Anyone else having this problem?

Hey everyone!

For those of you that are prior Penn State students or reapplicants, the process can be a little difficult, especially when you no longer have access to your account. When I called the ITS Accounts Office this morning, all I had to do was go to any PSU login and select change my PSU password and I was able to get right in. I do not know how my account could have been active beforehand since I haven't taken classes at PSU since summer 2017 semester. I don't remember it being this easy last year, but I hope its this way for everyone so you can get quick access to the application. Hope this helps!

Edited by mlgeyer24

1 hour ago, BuckyBadger said:

For those of you who already submitted your supplemental application, what did you put for "course number" under the academic section? Is that like "Microbio 101"? Please let me know!

Hi! That is what I did! I am a Penn State student so I just used the abbreviations they use for the course numbers. Hope that helps! 

3 hours ago, jyk38pa said:

Submitted my supplemental application last night and just got an interview invite for 8/2! So excited!! Anyone else interviewing?

Congrats to you!! I submitted mine last night as well, so I am anxious now! Mind sharing your stats?Congrats again!

• Like 1

I submitted Tuesday in the evening as well and I got an invite yesterday. It went to my spam box so make sure to check there! I thought it was an email like "come to our info day!" or something haha I was shocked to get an interview so quickly! I am very excited! 

And to that question about word limit, I hit exactly 250 on one of the responses, I believe the others i was just slightly under. I didn't do too much under, and none went over, of course. 

Edited by qwerty0984

Submitted my secondary application last Wednesday! This is my third time applying so hopefully 3rd times the charm!

Quick question...did anyone receive a second email with the secondary application instructions? I received the first one and then submitted my secondary and got the confirmation email. Then I received another email with the secondary application instructions. Just want to see if it was a possible glitch in the system. 

Thanks and Good luck everyone!

Edited by mlgeyer24
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1