Penn State PA Program 2019-2020 Cycle

22 minutes ago, SydneyLaurent said:

Hey everyone! I just recently discovered that I have all the prerequisites to apply this cycle (don't know why I didn't realize that sooner?)! Do you all think it is it too late in the cycle to be a strong candidate and to be considered and reviewed on the same depth as everyone else? 

All applicants who submit a completed CASPA and secondary application by the January deadline are afforded the same consideration regardless of the timing (early versus late) in the cycle when they are received.  Additionally, the 30 seats will not be filled until after the final interviews which typically take place sometime in February.  This means that all applicants who are invited to interview are vying for an open spot in the upcoming matriculating class and not just the waitlist.   Since you are just discovering our program, I encourage you to explorer the program’s website as well as earlier post in this thread and the threads of prior cycles to learn more about who WE ARE.  Thank you for your interest in Penn State. Best of luck!

-Sue, PA-C, PSU Class of ‘17

• 2 weeks later...
If I've submitted my application and secondary back in August and have not heard back from PSU, nor have I heard back when I attempted to update my healthcare hours. I'm nervous by nature. Does this mean anything significant or it just means I should wait and be more patient?

I’m in the same boat! I have not received any reply after submitting updated hours too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 4:37 PM, csebbag said:

Has anyone from the October 7th interview date heard back yet? Haven't heard anything yet...dying to know!

I interviewed 10/3 and received a rejection via email on Friday 11/15! Caryn did say in the email that the program had some “unexpected circumstances” that have delayed admissions committee meetings, so don’t fret!!😊

Just found out today I can still apply this cycle to this school! Planning to send in the application. 2 quick questions: 1) is it worth it this late? 2) I am going to be taking Genetics and Biochem through Doane in January and CASPA says I don't need a Doane transcript because I have not actually started classes there. Will the school still want a transcript for classes that have not yet started?

2 hours ago, amandaaa22 said:

Just found out today I can still apply this cycle to this school! Planning to send in the application. 2 quick questions: 1) is it worth it this late? 2) I am going to be taking Genetics and Biochem through Doane in January and CASPA says I don't need a Doane transcript because I have not actually started classes there. Will the school still want a transcript for classes that have not yet started?

Please see post from 10/28 and others earlier in this thread.  You still have time!  Good luck.

-Sue

• Like 1

5 hours ago, myMoon said:

Hi Sue and others, I have a question about the GRE; since I have a master degree in biological science, I was wondering if the Penn State PA program could waive the GRE for me?!! 

Hi,

That is a question you would need to address with the program directly.  Good luck!

-Sue 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, myMoon said:

Hi Sue and others, I have a question about the GRE; since I have a master degree in biological science, I was wondering if the Penn State PA program could waive the GRE for me?!! 

GRE scores are required for entry to the program, regardless of if a candidate holds a prior master's degree. Our exception/waiver process applies to candidates who completed MCAT, PCAT, DAT entrance examination and meet the minimum score requirement to have the GRE's waived. 

Please refer to the 'Standardized Teasting Requirement' online at: https://med.psu.edu/physician-assistant/apply 

Best wishes!

Caryn Stopper, M.Ed.
Director of Admissions

• Like 2

On 11/7/2019 at 1:00 AM, lwaldman96 said:

If I've submitted my application and secondary back in August and have not heard back from PSU, nor have I heard back when I attempted to update my healthcare hours. I'm nervous by nature. Does this mean anything significant or it just means I should wait and be more patient?

I’m in the same boat as you and the other person. 

Sue, by any chance do you think you know?

16 hours ago, CNG14 said:

I’m in the same boat as you and the other person. 

Sue, by any chance do you think you know?

Hi,

As a reminder to all, I am alum and, while I remain engaged with the program for special events and currently as the primary facilitator of this forum, I am in no way involved in the admissions process.  I will refer you to posts earlier in this thread written by both myself and our Director of Admissions.  What I will say is this: GENERALLY offers for interviews are made within a month (or so) of an applicant submitting his/her CASPA and PSU secondary application.  That being said, all candidates remain under active consideration until the last seat is filled (usually in February) 

Good Luck!!!

• Like 1

Hi all,

Hope this finds everyone enjoying the holiday season.  Typically, applicants who are not invited to interview do not learn of their final status until all 30 seats have been filled because all applicants are under active consideration up until that point.  Again, that usually occurs sometime in February with most applicants notified by mid-March.  Possibly @PennState_PA_Program can clarify?

Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to everyone who has interviewed and/or accepted a seat! I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to review the secondary application. It seems that when you logback into LionPath the message displays as, "Your application has already been submitted". Thank you in advance for your help!