So, they give us until Thursday to make a decision if we want to be on the waitlist or not. Id guess we wouldnt hear anything unitl friday after people make a decision. And then they might start making calls on friday to pull from the waitlist if there were people who already backed out of their spots. Im not sure if thats right, just my most accurate judgment is all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ilyklu said:

Anyone been accepted off of the waitlist? I would have expected something this week considering the initial acceptances had to be confirmed Monday.

My thought is that most students probably accepted their spot. It probably won’t be until later when they get spots at other schools that they might back out and then we will hear from them. 

• 1 month later...

For all those waiting, stay positive….In some cases, no news is good news (IE no rejection).

This is the slow period.  Jan schools are getting that last one or two seats that opened up and the summer and fall schools have taken a break in interviews for the most part.   If you are on the waiting list, it will be a while until Jan or Feb interviews for other schools start opening up spots and having students make that decision on offers.   You may not hear any movement until late Jan or Early Feb for the domino effect.

I know its tough....just do not get down - just know its a slow period.... Hang in there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’m looking to apply to this school in the future and was wondering about how they calculate science GPA? On their class profile from 2018 it says stats is counted as well as other math/science classes but most PA schools don’t count math classes towards the science GPA. Does anyone know if IU recalculates the science GPA with math classes? It says on their site only GPAs by CASPA are considered. CASPA doesn’t add math classes to your science GPA. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

EJ

Just wanted to give you a heads up incase you have other schools in the mix.  Orientation is the 18th with classes starting on the 20th.  Don't want to bum anyone out, however wanted people to have the information they may need to make an informed decision.

Good luck everyone.

Edited by PA-Candidate