What is your per diem rate for ER work?

What is your hourly per diem rate (this is for Per Diem work ONLY no part/full time)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is your hourly per diem rate (this is for Per Diem work ONLY no part/full time)

• < $50/ hour
    • $50-$59.99
    • $60-$69.99
    • $70-$79.99
    • $80-$89.99
    • $90-$99.99
    • $100-$109.99
    • $110-$119.99

I have a few per diem gigs.

one pays 50/hr days and 62/hr nights.( level 1 trauma- I only do nights)

one pays 56.50/hr (rural, high acuity, low to moderate volume)

I recently quit a position I had been at for 14 yrs (due to a variety of politics and pt safety issues-they kept taking away things we needed to do our jobs) that paid 64.50/hr days, 75.50/hr swings/nights and 105.50/hr for anything over 10 hrs or any short notice fill in shifts( of which there were many). this job also paid 1.5 x for holidays so short notice holiday pay was >150/hr. I worked many holidays that paid me more than any of the docs working with me. but trust me, it wasn't worth it....

Looking at seeing what people earn for per diem work in ER's.

This is for an unbenefited employee (not a 1099) where the only thing that is provided is liability insurance - no PTO, no CME, no extra time of funds

Isn't that exactly what a 1099, independent contractor, is? Do you mean by per diem, and IC which only comes in once in a while, say once every two months to fill in, and is not in any manner otherwise scheduled?

Isn't that exactly what a 1099, independent contractor, is? Do you mean by per diem, and IC which only comes in once in a while, say once every two months to fill in, and is not in any manner otherwise scheduled?

1099 - you pay your own malpractice - own SS and FICA - you are a contractor

non-benefited employee - get a regular looking pay check and they are responsible for malpractice and paying employment taxes (but nothing else that a regular employee would get ie time off or health insurance)

IRS cracking down on 1099 and for me the # of shifts is so few it would make no sense as my entire yearly pay (maybe 10k) would go mostly towards paying my mal insurance (about $6k for occurance)

so just looking for the per diem employee rate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived