Does becoming DOT certified count for CME?

Hello,

I'm completing a NRCME DOT certification course that says it counts for cat 1 CME. When I go to log the hours on the NCCPA website it isn't listed as a pre-approved program. Anyone know if it just doesn't count or if it's just a cat 2?

Thanks!

I'd be a bit cautious of non-approved Cat I CME. If you get audited and the NCCPA disallows it you could be in a pinch. You may get audited for last year and, after something is disallowed, may not have submitted enough to keep you certified. Just be sure before you bank on it.

At the end of my course I got a certificate for 10 AMA CAT I CME...

As a side note I was audited by NCCPA this year, my second cycle so I would not claim CAT I without a certificate.  So far all of my CME has been CAT I and I have made sure to have Certificates of training to back it up.  Of course my audit took all of 5 minutes as the US Army Flight Surgeon Course was good for 150 hours of CAT I CME 🤣

I had to laugh only because it is true. So many fat old out of shape drivers who want to blame the examiner because they can't pass a physical and act like its your fault they have uncontrolled diabetes. I had one come in with an insulin pump hidden under his shirt one time and lost his mind when I wouldn't pass him.

Never again.

Archived