Allied health licence maintenance after PA school?

I just retired my national RD certification and state  dietitian certification.  I kept it for the 14 years since I became a PA.  I finally decided I will not go back to being a dietitian and since I'm nearing retirement, there was no point to keep paying the fees and taking the continuing education required to keep my registration active.   No regrets but I did slightly recoil at the strongly worded letter I got from the Commission on Dietetic Registration about surrendering my credentials and the warnings to not practice as  a dietitian now that I retired the credential.   Jeesh…….I still counsel my patients on their eating habits and nutrition but don't tell them I'm a dietitian. 

On 10/15/2018 at 2:14 PM, jennelise said:

I still have my social work license. Not really sure why?  A combo of nostalgia and fear of I might need it someday I guess. 

I've kept my social work license too. It's nice to have on the rare occasion I have to detail some psychiatric issue that is outside the scope of my usual PA job. I can also see myself transitioning into a psych PA job towards the end of my career and that would be helpful.

Archived