PA License- Texas Medical Board- Supplemental Forms

I am currently working to provide the Texas Medical Board with all required documents to obtain my Texas License. On the application, the "Professional History" section has questions related to "Actions and Investigations in Training or During Employment" (Question 13-15). The questions seem a little broad and open for interpretation, so I'm unsure what events could be deemed necessary to provide a "Yes" answer. 

Question 13c asks about additional requirements based on academic performance, etc. In my program, if we scored below a set standard placed on us for our EOR exams, then we were asked to complete supplemental questions that we finished on our own time. I guess my question is whether or not details like this need to be included in Supplemental Form U? It seems like a minor detail, but the fine print to disclose all information scares me into thinking that I need to make note of EVERYTHING.

I was also put on academic probation after my first semester from a GPA that was .05 points lower than I needed. This probation was immediately dropped the next semester. But since the application asks specifically about academic probation, I will include Form U with the application. How do I appropriately note this on the form? Do I need to include details about my GPA vs the expected GPA? Do I need to explain to them why I got a 79 in Anatomy? ?‍♀️ The form is merely a blank page- nothing is mapped out. 

Has anyone had success with submission of Form U? Or any of the other supplemental forms?

Thanks for the help! 

TMB PA App Professional Section.pdf

TMB PA App Form U.pdf

I'm sorry I can't help.  Got my Texas license 25 years ago but still....Can I just LOL at Texas yet again?  The TMB is and has always been ridiculous.  In the 90's if you were taking an SSRI for mild depression or anxiety they held your license and you actually had to drive to Austin and STAND before the board to prove you were not crazy.  Ridiculous!

Is it any wonder that 90% of providers in Texas that take the brave step to seek help with anxiety, depression or even etoh abuse never tell our crazy ass board about it?  If they did, the board drops the hammer on them.  Stupid Stupid Stupid.

Good grief...

Welcome to Texas. I don't have an answer because I got my license here a long time ago. But let me forewarn you if you call the board for help you will get to meet some of the most snarky, un-helpful civil servants in existence. I have never dealt with them where they didn't act totally put out because they had to answer the phone or an email.

I suspect the inclusion of the information would be required and failure to include it, on the very outside chance they ever became aware of it, would cause you a lot of headache.

13 hours ago, Cideous said:

I'm sorry I can't help.  Got my Texas license 25 years ago but still....Can I just LOL at Texas yet again?  The TMB is and has always been ridiculous.  In the 90's if you were taking an SSRI for mild depression or anxiety they held your license and you actually had to drive to Austin and STAND before the board to prove you were not crazy.  Ridiculous!

Is it any wonder that 90% of providers in Texas that take the brave step to seek help with anxiety, depression or even etoh abuse never tell our crazy ass board about it?  If they did, the board drops the hammer on them.  Stupid Stupid Stupid.

I hope things are no longer this way! Especially since depression and anxiety is such a prevalent thing in medical school/PA school. 

I got my TX license 15 years ago and although a large pain was nothing like KMorg is describing!  Why doesn't TAPA address this issue with the board???  It looks like they don't want PA's in TX!!  Do the NP's have to jump through hoops like PA's?  Who elects or appoints the TX medical board?  Is it a paid position?

3 hours ago, TWR said:

I got my TX license 15 years ago and although a large pain was nothing like KMorg is describing!  Why doesn't TAPA address this issue with the board???  It looks like they don't want PA's in TX!!  Do the NP's have to jump through hoops like PA's?  Who elects or appoints the TX medical board?  Is it a paid position?

The Gov appoints board members.  Good news/bad news, it is still better than when I had to deal with them dating back to pre-internet days and you couldn't even dream of touching a patient with your employer until you had the "worth it's weight in gold" authorization letter stating you could work with your doc.  This was pre-licensure days.  I've often wondered why TAPA doesn't get involved but maybe they do.  Maybe they treat themselves and a board member or two to a nice lunch at Baby Acapulco on I35 from time to time.

Silver lining?  At least we're now licensed unlike beforehand where you truly were tied at the hip to your SP.

BTW, new grads, and anyone else who changes jobs.  When you submit for prescriptive privileges, and your doc says that they have signed off on it, not only do you need to look for the green boxes under YOUR license number but also check your doc(s) to make certain that you are listed as a supervised party AND have prescriptive drug authorization approved for you.  Our initial PA at my clinic didn't do so and lo' and behold he hadn't been approved though he was firing off scripts left and right.

Archived