Best CME courses for when you just want to take a vacation? Ha ha.

Guest ERCat

The title speaks for itself. I always get my CME done within the first few months of the cycle because I am an avid learnerWho reads up on stuff year round and it’s just easy to do.

The resources I used I bought last year, so basically, for this year I have a whopping $2500 to spend for CME and I don’t even need the credits. Therefore, I’m looking to sort of take advantage of this by really just taking a vacation. 

Do you guys have any suggestions for CME trips that can potentially involve more vacation and less focus on the actual CME? :-) I’ve put in my learning and will continue to do so... I just don’t need the credits.

Primary Care Medical Abstracts or Emergency Medical Abstracts through CCME.org.  They have conferences around the country at nice places.  I went to a Kauai conference for EM years ago.  Subscribe to service (I do online CME though not required) and then select one of their conferences.  They are the group that also does the EM Boot Camp.  Looks like they're done for 2018 but 2019 schedule should be out soon I suspect.

https://www.cmeprocedures.com/cme/cme-vacation/

I have used these guys the last few years, they offer the largest amazon gift card incentive that I know of which is why I use them. They would work for your situation in that you essential go wherever you want and watch their videos on your "CME vacation." So you would pay roughly ~$1000k for the program and have ~$1500 for travel expenses. I would do so in a heartbeat if I had that much CME!!

I'm not sure I could get away with this for my job. They require detailed receipts. Can't say anything about the gift card (or they deduct that from what we get reimbursed). For jobs that don't require such stringent receipts it's awesome though!

On 9/2/2018 at 2:03 PM, ERCat said:

The title speaks for itself. I always get my CME done within the first few months of the cycle because I am an avid learnerWho reads up on stuff year round and it’s just easy to do.

The resources I used I bought last year, so basically, for this year I have a whopping $2500 to spend for CME and I don’t even need the credits. Therefore, I’m looking to sort of take advantage of this by really just taking a vacation. 

Do you guys have any suggestions for CME trips that can potentially involve more vacation and less focus on the actual CME? ? I’ve put in my learning and will continue to do so... I just don’t need the credits.

NCAPA Summer Conference @ Myrtle Beach. It starts on a Sunday, Ends Friday, almost all AM classes. Fairly lax about  logging attendance 

https://www.cmeprocedures.com/cme/cme-vacation/

I have used these guys the last few years, they offer the largest amazon gift card incentive that I know of which is why I use them. They would work for your situation in that you essential go wherever you want and watch their videos on your "CME vacation." So you would pay roughly ~$1000k for the program and have ~$1500 for travel expenses. I would do so in a heartbeat if I had that much CME!!

I did this back around ‘90 when my wife and I did a Bermuda cruise out of NY on Celebrity Horizon and I left the boxed video tapes at home. I had a $2000 budget and it was $1900+.

Archived