GApeachPA

WMU Application Cycle 2018-2019

Hello! I was wondering if anyone is comfortable with posting stats to compare to others applying this cycle?

Hope to hear from you all soon, best wishes for this cycle!

CASPA submitted 5/6

Supplemental mailed 5/1 - paid online fee 4/28

Waiting on further response at this point.

GPA: 3.0 with Science 3.0

GRE: 305 w/ 4.5 analytical

pt care hours: >4500 with PA, PCP, Ortho, derm

Letters of rec from: previous professor/now medical professor, Ortho doc, and PCP PA

First time applicant to this program. Third time PA program applicant.

I have a question regarding the upper level physiology requirement. What course did you submit for this requirement, did it have a lab? And how many credit hours did it have? 

14 hours ago, caduceus727 said:

I have a question regarding the upper level physiology requirement. What course did you submit for this requirement, did it have a lab? And how many credit hours did it have? 

Hello! I used "Immunology". This was a 300 level course at my university and it did NOT have a lab. It was 3 credit hours. 

On 6/28/2018 at 12:03 PM, Hilly said:

Hello! I used "Immunology". This was a 300 level course at my university and it did NOT have a lab. It was 3 credit hours. 

Just heard back that my application will be denied because the Immunology DOES NOT suffice for this recommendation. They will only accept a course that is specifically and only Physiology and is an upper level. 

Hopefully this saves someone else ?

On 6/27/2018 at 9:59 PM, caduceus727 said:

I used "advanced human physiology". It was a 500 level course, 3 credits, no lab, and I had to get permission from the university to take it because it was a master's level course

Edited by plumbbr
correction

Does anyone know if Western will interview with outstanding prereqs (that are scheduled to be completed this fall)? Some schools do but I can't find if western does. I emailed the school but wanted to see if anyone here knows. 

Does anyone know if Western will interview with outstanding prereqs (that are scheduled to be completed this fall)? Some schools do but I can't find if western does. I emailed the school but wanted to see if anyone here knows. 

Hey there! I’m a current 1st year student, and they will not interview you with outstanding pre-req classes.

They typically do interviews October-February, so even if you don’t finish your class until December, you still have plenty of time to get an interview and get in, I wouldn’t stress too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Anyone on here applying with a Master's degree like me? Just curious how much WMU takes it into consideration. My Masters is in biology with a certificate in infectious disease and my graduate GPA is 3.5

3 hours ago, MullettHN said:

Anyone on here applying with a Master's degree like me? Just curious how much WMU takes it into consideration. My Masters is in biology with a certificate in infectious disease and my graduate GPA is 3.5

I will be applying with a master's of biological science as well. I would be very interested to hear how WMU weighs this into consideration. 

17 minutes ago, tjc96 said:

I just received an email this morning for an interview invite on 10/12!

Congrats on your interview invite! Would you mind sharing when you submitted/verified?

@GApeachPA     thank you! They received my CASPA and supplemental application on 6/15. I then got an email on 8/1 saying I met the prerequisites and received an email invite this morning!

7 hours ago, tjc96 said:

@GApeachPA     thank you! They received my CASPA and supplemental application on 6/15. I then got an email on 8/1 saying I met the prerequisites and received an email invite this morning!

Would you be comfortable posting your stats?

Edited by PANCSDown

Did anyone hear back after you submitted your secondary application? I submitted my caspa a few weeks back and it took me longer than expected to pay for and send the secondary to WMU. It’s been over a week now and I haven’t received any confirmation. 

18 hours ago, aopa18 said:

Did anyone hear back after you submitted your secondary application? I submitted my caspa a few weeks back and it took me longer than expected to pay for and send the secondary to WMU. It’s been over a week now and I haven’t received any confirmation. 

I sent in my secondary WAY back in early May and I JUST got an email two days ago saying they have finished my 'preliminary review' and that my prerequisites meet all the requirements, and that they will continue with reviewing my supplemental and CASPA applications. I'm a little confused by this and hoping it won't hurt me as they're just now looking at my stuff. 

19 minutes ago, plumbbr said:

I sent in my secondary WAY back in early May and I JUST got an email two days ago saying they have finished my 'preliminary review' and that my prerequisites meet all the requirements, and that they will continue with reviewing my supplemental and CASPA applications. I'm a little confused by this and hoping it won't hurt me as they're just now looking at my stuff. 

Weird! I sent in my CASPA and paid my fee on 7/25. I received confirmation that all materials, including the supplemental, were received on 7/31. I received another email on 8/6 saying that I meet the minimum requirements so they'll look further at my application. I haven't heard back since.