WMU Application Cycle 2018-2019

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed on 11/16 (yes 4 weeks ago lol) and got a response 11/20 saying that they were holding my application and roling it into the next group of interviewees. And I finally got a response today with a conditional offer of acceptance!!! From my understanding, I just have to complete a background check and send in any necessary transcripts. But yayay!!! Class of 2021 🙂

1 hour ago, LeesPA said:

I interviewed on 11/16 (yes 4 weeks ago lol) and got a response 11/20 saying that they were holding my application and roling it into the next group of interviewees. And I finally got a response today with a conditional offer of acceptance!!! From my understanding, I just have to complete a background check and send in any necessary transcripts. But yayay!!! Class of 2021 🙂

Congrats!  

2 hours ago, MullettHN said:

For those getting accepted , do y'all mind posting your stats? 

My cgpa was 3.98 

pre req 3.99

3500+ hours in ophthalmology, cardiology, internal medicine and rheumatology as a medical assistant 

300+ volunteer hours. I did a mission trip to the Philippines this summer to teach English. And the rest of hours where from doing student council in undergrad

Active member of MAPA and AAPA.

involved in my schools pre-pa club as well as pre-med club ( they represented all medical avenues) 

LOR from anatomy prof, neurosurg PA, cardiologist, and a nurse ( office manager). 

First time applicant and I’m actually from out of the country!! 

5 hours ago, MullettHN said:

For those getting accepted , do y'all mind posting your stats? 

My stats are honestly very average compared to many of the applicants that have posted their stats all around this website. General run down: I am from Troy, MI, my GPA is 3.5, GRE 306 and 5.0 in writing, and I have about 2700 hours of PCE as a CNA at a skilled nursing facility. I am a first time applicant and had very low hopes of getting into any programs because of my GPA and lack of hours, compared to many of the applicants. Interviews are your opportunities to shine and show your true self, aside from the personal statement. I feel like each program is a wildcard and you never know which type of applicants they are looking for. Don't lose hope. I was honestly in a slump and doubted myself for the past few months. It only takes ONE to give you the opportunity to become the PA that you want to be. 

11 hours ago, LeesPA said:

My stats are honestly very average compared to many of the applicants that have posted their stats all around this website. General run down: I am from Troy, MI, my GPA is 3.5, GRE 306 and 5.0 in writing, and I have about 2700 hours of PCE as a CNA at a skilled nursing facility. I am a first time applicant and had very low hopes of getting into any programs because of my GPA and lack of hours, compared to many of the applicants. Interviews are your opportunities to shine and show your true self, aside from the personal statement. I feel like each program is a wildcard and you never know which type of applicants they are looking for. Don't lose hope. I was honestly in a slump and doubted myself for the past few months. It only takes ONE to give you the opportunity to become the PA that you want to be. 

Thanks for posting! After seeing some other stats I've been scared. Lol My GPA is worse than yours by a lot but it helps to know everyone doesn't have an almost 4.0 and that they might still consider me. 😁

8 hours ago, geek9110 said:

Thanks for posting! After seeing some other stats I've been scared. Lol My GPA is worse than yours by a lot but it helps to know everyone doesn't have an almost 4.0 and that they might still consider me. 😁

My undergraduate GPA is 3.3, but I have a masters degree in biology (infectious disease) with a cumulative gpa of 3.6. I have over 3500 patient care hours as an EMT and over 3000 as a medical technologist. I have not heard anything back yet, trying to figure out if I am even competitive. 

5 hours ago, MullettHN said:

My undergraduate GPA is 3.3, but I have a masters degree in biology (infectious disease) with a cumulative gpa of 3.6. I have over 3500 patient care hours as an EMT and over 3000 as a medical technologist. I have not heard anything back yet, trying to figure out if I am even competitive. 

During our interview the program director told us that Western doesn’t only care / look at GPA. He said they use more of a holistic approach and take everything into consideration!! So keep faith. They have two more ( maybe three) more sets of interviews to schedule and send out invitations for! Just stay positive while waiting 🙂 

Hello everyone! Just stopping in to say hi. I’m just waiting for grades to be posted so my application can be considered complete. Just finished biochem and micro. I see they are admitting some people already. Looks like there’s been a good mix of what people have for experience. I’ve been a respiratory therapist since 2011 so I have a ton of experience but my GPA is mediocre. I think 3.5 overall. Good luck to everyone still waiting to interview. I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you in the near future! 

34 minutes ago, sarapaER said:

Is there anyone from the 12/7 interviews that hasn’t heard anything yet? I know they said 2 weeks but some people received emails already and I haven’t received any word. Trying my best to be patient! 

I interviewed 12/7 at 12 and haven't heard anything either. I hope we hear soon!! 

On 12/17/2018 at 3:58 PM, Jcosek said:

Hello everyone! Just stopping in to say hi. I’m just waiting for grades to be posted so my application can be considered complete. Just finished biochem and micro. I see they are admitting some people already. Looks like there’s been a good mix of what people have for experience. I’ve been a respiratory therapist since 2011 so I have a ton of experience but my GPA is mediocre. I think 3.5 overall. Good luck to everyone still waiting to interview. I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you in the near future! 

Hi! I have been an RT since 2013 and also had about a 3.5. They definitely take the experience into account and it was a great talking point during the interview. Good luck on the application process! 

1 hour ago, SpartanToPA said:

Did anyone from the 12/7 interview hear anything? I thought we were supposed to know before Christmas and I would have thought that meant hearing something yesterday. I feel like it’s unlikely we’ll get an email on the weekend or Christmas Eve... 

Still haven’t heard anything... I even sent my final grades for this semester in an email yesterday and never received a response.. 

On 12/22/2018 at 9:44 AM, sarapaER said:

Still haven’t heard anything... I even sent my final grades for this semester in an email yesterday and never received a response.. 

Hey Sara. Did you have all your prereqs done before you got interviewed? They told me my application wasn’t considered complete until I turned in my final grades for my last 2 prereqs. 

Archived