2018-2019 Application Cycle

16 hours ago, RadTek2PA said:

So am I the only one here who has gotten that e-mail?  

" preliminary review has been completed. You have met all of the minimum requirements for admission. Your application will be forwarded to the next level of review. Please do not contact us for updates as this is the only update we are able to give you at this time."

Again, I think I received this because I reached out to them about my application and it needed attention so that it wouldn't get pushed away.  I'm imagining someone taking a look to make sure my coursework came over correctly went ahead and stamped it "OK" so that they didn't have to look at it again for coursework.  Completely speculative, as I don't really know their process......

Looking through last year's thread, it was radio silence for a long time.  Since they aren't rolling admissions, I guess they probably just now started going through everything.

I received an email saying that I didn’t meet the minimum qualifications, and I so I contacted them because I thought it was a mistake. They replied that it was a mistake and then sent me that email. So you might be right, that they’re sending that email to people that reach out to them.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, beckendra said:

Has anyone else heard nothing at all yet? I submitted early May and I know I meet all their minimum requirements. I haven't gotten anything from them since the confirmation that they received my supplemental app.

Just what I already posted.  It seems they dont even touch them until Sept 1, so they have a lot of work to do still.  Which is why they wont be interviewing until Oct/Nov.  But since there have been mistakes it sounds like already, I would touch base with them.

2 hours ago, RadTek2PA said:

Just what I already posted.  It seems they dont even touch them until Sept 1, so they have a lot of work to do still.  Which is why they wont be interviewing until Oct/Nov.  But since there have been mistakes it sounds like already, I would touch base with them.

I did, I sent them an email. I've read that they've messed up some applications in the past the same way as well, sending people emails about not meeting the requirements when they actually did. Sounds like we have to stay on top of it with this program! 

On 9/27/2018 at 11:22 AM, Ktilley said:

Does anyone know if this school tends to take more residents than non-residents? I applied and got an email about my application being sent to the next level of review. 

The program FAQ page states that they're interested in candidates who ideally want to practice in AZ.  There were definitely more residents than non-residents in my class, but still a decent amount of out of state candidates were accepted.

21 hours ago, Blynn12 said:

The program FAQ page states that they're interested in candidates who ideally want to practice in AZ.  There were definitely more residents than non-residents in my class, but still a decent amount of out of state candidates were accepted.

Thank you for the information! I appreciate it. ? 

On 9/12/2018 at 7:53 PM, RadTek2PA said:

So am I the only one here who has gotten that e-mail?  

" preliminary review has been completed. You have met all of the minimum requirements for admission. Your application will be forwarded to the next level of review. Please do not contact us for updates as this is the only update we are able to give you at this time."

Again, I think I received this because I reached out to them about my application and it needed attention so that it wouldn't get pushed away.  I'm imagining someone taking a look to make sure my coursework came over correctly went ahead and stamped it "OK" so that they didn't have to look at it again for coursework.  Completely speculative, as I don't really know their process......

Looking through last year's thread, it was radio silence for a long time.  Since they aren't rolling admissions, I guess they probably just now started going through everything.

I received this same email on sept 12 and still haven’t heard about an interview or anything since. Hopefully soon! 

On 10/11/2018 at 2:32 PM, BearScarfo said:

Looking at last years forum... interview invites went out in late October, I believe October 24th. Then interview dates started November 1st. 

It never hurts to call and ask, just be careful not to call too much

I personally wouldn't recommend calling or emailing to ask. I sent an email making sure they got my application, since some people have gotten emails saying they met minimum requirements and I've heard nothing, despite knowing I met the requirements. I got a really snippy email back telling me that they're busy and to "be patient."

On 10/12/2018 at 1:30 PM, beckendra said:

I personally wouldn't recommend calling or emailing to ask. I sent an email making sure they got my application, since some people have gotten emails saying they met minimum requirements and I've heard nothing, despite knowing I met the requirements. I got a really snippy email back telling me that they're busy and to "be patient."

I haven't heard anything either so it's nice to see we are in the same boat! Hopefully we will all hear some sort of news soon! Fingers crossed ?

37 minutes ago, beva303 said:

I got the “you don’t meet the minimum requirements “ email this evening. I do meet all the requirements and emailed them my list of met requirements, so we’ll see.

Did you complete the supplemental application? I had a friend receive that same email and she definitely met all of the requirements too. However, she forgot to submit the supplemental. 

First of all, I would like to wish everyone well upon getting accepted.  I know we have all worked hard to get this far.  Waiting to hear from the schools has been one of the most stressful events in my life. I am also in what they call the sandwich generation, where I am having to take care of my children and my parents...also my aunt.  And having to work a lot to make ends meet.  I came on here to see if anyone has heard anything yet.  I was getting worried since I have not heard anything.  So it looks like we are all in the same boat. My friend graduated from the PA program at NAU and is now a PA.  She had her interview November 6th, 2013.  So, hopefully we all hear something soon and get to meet each other in class this coming year.  I have one question that possibly someone might know the answer to.  I submitted 3 letters of recommendation.  Two of them have been completed and I am still waiting on the one doctor to submit his. I have know him for 18 years and he said he wanted to hire me when I was finished. However, he is not responding to my emails anymore. I am just curious if missing one letter of recommendation, even though it was requested, would keep me from receiving an interview? 

13 hours ago, beva303 said:

I got the “you don’t meet the minimum requirements “ email this evening. I do meet all the requirements and emailed them my list of met requirements, so we’ll see.

I got the same email and emailed them and they told me it was a mistake so don’t worry ?

14 hours ago, TayPrePA said:

Did you complete the supplemental application? I had a friend receive that same email and she definitely met all of the requirements too. However, she forgot to submit the supplemental. 

I am at work and don't have all my app stuff with me, but I went through all my emails and as far as I know I did all the supplemental stuff that was required. Its been SO long so I am having a hard time remembering.....

Hey everyone,

I just got off the phone with Blake.  He is the one who helped me out with my application when I first applied and has been kind enough to not seem too annoyed when I call worried (ha).

He informed me they are still going through the process of reviewing the applications, and have about 300 left.  He ball parked around 2 weeks to finish, and by then probably a first round of invites.

Hang tight everybody, and good luck to all.

16 hours ago, NicoleJo said:

Just got the e-mail saying I didn’t meet the minimum requirements but I submitted the supplemental a couple months ago... Hopefully they’ll e-mail me back saying it was just an error! ?

If you do meet all the minimum requirements for application I'd definitely call them to confirm. Don't wait for them to find the error! Another program I applied to this cycle kept sending me weekly email reminders that the supplemental application was due soon, but I brushed them off because I'd already completed it and paid. I finally called two weeks before the deadline because they starting making me nervous. Turns out they didn't have any record of receipt of my supplemental fee! I forwarded them my confirmation email and the mistake was fixed but it wouldn't have been caught if I hadn't followed up (and potentially taken me out of the running this cycle for that program)!

1 hour ago, azpamkay said:

If you do meet all the minimum requirements for application I'd definitely call them to confirm. Don't wait for them to find the error! Another program I applied to this cycle kept sending me weekly email reminders that the supplemental application was due soon, but I brushed them off because I'd already completed it and paid. I finally called two weeks before the deadline because they starting making me nervous. Turns out they didn't have any record of receipt of my supplemental fee! I forwarded them my confirmation email and the mistake was fixed but it wouldn't have been caught if I hadn't followed up (and potentially taken me out of the running this cycle for that program)!

So I e-mailed them saying that I believed it was an error as per their e-mail which said to e-mail only (no phone call) if I thought it was an error. I am a little hesitant to call considering what others have said but I will most likely give them a call by the end of the week if I haven't heard anything by then!

Archived