2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ashprepa said:

Just out of curiosity... any NAU undergrad alumni who received an interview or acceptance? 

I have been hearing that they don't accept many students who have done their undergrad at NAU which is a huge bummer 😕 Hoping I am wrong! 

I graduated from NAU with my undergrad in 2016. I interviewed 11/5/2018 and was accepted into the program on 11/6/2018. When I interviewed it seemed like there were a lot of students from ASU and U of A, I believe I may have been the only one from NAU interviewing that day. Let me know if you have any additional questions!!

29 minutes ago, Oscar11 said:

I graduated from NAU with my undergrad in 2016. I interviewed 11/5/2018 and was accepted into the program on 11/6/2018. When I interviewed it seemed like there were a lot of students from ASU and U of A, I believe I may have been the only one from NAU interviewing that day. Let me know if you have any additional questions!!

Actually another NAU grad here (class of 2014) from that interview that was accepted 🙂 

4 hours ago, ashprepa said:

Just out of curiosity... any NAU undergrad alumni who received an interview or acceptance? 

I have been hearing that they don't accept many students who have done their undergrad at NAU which is a huge bummer 😕 Hoping I am wrong! 

I graduated from NAU in 2017 and will be interviewing on December 3rd. I’ve known a couple people in the past who were alumni and were accepted to NAU. I think this whole process can be somewhat unpredictable and it really varies by school what they are looking for in an applicant at the end of the day. I’ve definitely been surprised a few times during this whole process.

Anyway, I wish you luck with any past/future interviews. I hope you get in somewhere you love!

I am wondering if they can only accept a few NAU alum so as to not looked biased 😕 

I received the email stating that they are unable to offer me an interview and was a bit bummed. They say they give preference to those with strong ties to AZ yet I've seen quite a few previous NAU students in this forum who were disappointed because they did not receive even the chance to interview. I'm not sure. Again, I am hoping I am wrong but just wanted to see if there was anyone with a success story. 

I graduated in 2014 and was accepted from the first interview day! I don't think my alumna status gave me any advantage or disadvantage in the interview process.

Based on my discussions with staff during my interview, I don't think simply graduating from NAU or another Arizona university is enough to prove you have "strong ties in Arizona." They were extremely interested in the variety of volunteer work I've done in the Phoenix metro area, my career experiences locally, my history in the area (born and raised), and my involvement in local  outdoors and community action groups. Just my two cents, but I think showing your interest in providing care in Arizona by really integrating yourself into the local (i.e. Phoenix metro area) community is the best thing an applicant could do to up their chances of an interview invite!

1 minute ago, azpamkay said:

I graduated in 2014 and was accepted from the first interview day! I don't think my alumna status gave me any advantage or disadvantage in the interview process.

Based on my discussions with staff during my interview, I don't think simply graduating from NAU or another Arizona university is enough to prove you have "strong ties in Arizona." They were extremely interested in the variety of volunteer work I've done in the Phoenix metro area, my career experiences (at a major healthcare organization in Phoenix), my history in the area (born and raised), and my involvement in local  outdoors and community action groups. Just my two cents, but I think showing your interest in providing care in Arizona by really integrating yourself into the local (i.e. Phoenix metro area) community is the best thing an applicant could do to up their chances of an interview invite!

Oh, absolutely. I by no means was insinuating that graduating from an Arizona school would be enough. Sorry if it seemed that way.

Congratulations and good luck to you! 

Just now, ashprepa said:

Oh, absolutely. I by no means was insinuating that graduating from an Arizona school would be enough. Sorry if it seemed that way.

Congratulations and good luck to you! 

Oh no definitely did not take it that way! 🙂 Just trying to share my experiences. 

I lurked your profile and saw that you received invitations to interview at both Midwestern and AT Still! If it makes you feel better I got straight up rejected from both programs without interviews 😂 This whole process has been such a mixed bag! Congratulations and good luck with your next interviews!!

5 minutes ago, azpamkay said:

Oh no definitely did not take it that way! 🙂 Just trying to share my experiences. 

I lurked your profile and saw that you received invitations to interview at both Midwestern and AT Still! If it makes you feel better I got straight up rejected from both programs without interviews  This whole process has been such a mixed bag! Congratulations and good luck with your next interviews!!

Yes and I thank you for that! You have some really awesome experience and definitely seem very qualified! It really is a mixed bag haha. We're all just trying to function during the waiting game 😂 Good luck to you!!

On 11/29/2018 at 9:35 AM, Doghill said:

Has anyone that was accepted recieved a follow up email about vaccinations, fingerprint clearance, final transcripts, or any other pre-matriculation requirements?

No, haven't heard anything here. I'd say it'll be at least another month or two. 

On 12/1/2018 at 2:06 PM, kstefanko said:

Any news on more acceptances or invites? Still waiting to receive any kind of an email from them at this point. When I contacted admissions the other day, they did inform me that they "hope to have all applicants updated/notified before the end of December."

I interviewed on 11/28 and still have not heard anything back. Super anxious! 

Archived