2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, kstefanko said:

Did you interview on one of the previous dates? Or was this a rejection without an interview? Still haven't heard a word from the school. 😕

It was a rejection without an interview. I wasn't expecting much from them, my stats are above their averages but I'm out of state and they haven't been pleasant at all with me when I've talked to them. Good luck to you!

On 11/18/2018 at 9:15 AM, kstefanko said:

Any word on whether or not the program has finished sending out invites?

I just called and talked to someone (not Blake), and he said they are still sending out interview invites, and that could go until January.  I’m not sure how accurate the January thing is, since some have said that they want to have things wrapped up by early December.

Hope everyone’s interviews go well today!  Let us know if they have mentioned anything about the process so far if you can!  

40 minutes ago, RadTek2PA said:

I just called and talked to someone (not Blake), and he said they are still sending out interview invites, and that could go until January.  I’m not sure how accurate the January thing is, since some have said that they want to have things wrapped up by early December.

Hope everyone’s interviews go well today!  Let us know if they have mentioned anything about the process so far if you can!  

Thanks for the update!!

28 minutes ago, ashprepa said:

Just out of curiosity... any NAU undergrad alumni who received an interview or acceptance? 

I have been hearing that they don't accept many students who have done their undergrad at NAU which is a huge bummer 😕 Hoping I am wrong! 

I went to ASU and it seemed like most of the people that Interviewed on my day did not go to NAU. I really don't think they are impartial to NAU undergraduates. They are looking for the most qualified from AZ in general. That's the vibe I got

I wouldn’t know, but are programs actually worried about being bias’ed for things like that?

I have seen plenty of programs that are pretty specific about who they want, and I think I have seen some outright say that they prefer their own undergrads even.

Just from what I have seen 🤷‍♂️ 

Sorry about your rejection letter 😞 I’m expecting one myself here soon I think...

Just got the email that I won’t be receiving an interview. I am so bummed :/. Good luck to those of you who got the invite! It’s an awesome program. I spoke to a current first year student and she loves it. Her advice for the interview was to relax and be yourself, emphasize any aspiration to work with medically underserved communities/work in az, and know about current issues facing PAs. Another thing she mentioned is that they actually get to dissect the cadavers (I think with PT students) before the med students which could be a pro or con depending on how you look at it. Good luck everyone!!

Archived