• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those of you that applied: did you receive an email from the program that they had received all of your application materials? I submitted my caspa application and GRE score a few days ago and the supplemental last night. I’m still waiting for my verified GRE to show up on the application, otherwise completely submitted. Good luck to you all! 

Hi everyone, I am Dominick . I am applying during this cycle and like everyone else am anxious to see the conclusion. I was curious as to the stats of others who are applying so I suppose I will lead off. 

Cum. GPA 3.29

M&S GPA 3.3

GRE Verbal 156

GRE Quant. 152

I know I am weak to average on just about everything however, I have been a respiratory therapist for 13 years and am an Army vet. Really hoping that the program values experience.

I am glad I found this group. 

On 7/18/2018 at 10:21 PM, Southpaw45 said:

Hi all,

Submitted CASPA and just waiting to be verified.  Do I need to send a separate GRE score or will they use CASPA's?

You will need to use the GRE code provided on either their website or the program information section of the CASPA. I forget which one, but I feel like it was difficult for me to find. So you will submit this through the GRE website (it comes up as IUPUI CASPA) and it will show up as verified on your CASPA application within a few days. I believe mine took 3-4 days. 

Did any of you receive an email from the program once everything was verified?  I submitted my CASPA application, supplemental, and GRE scores almost 2 weeks ago but have not had a confirmation from the program. Thanks! 

On 7/12/2018 at 8:26 AM, sarahbellum said:

Hi Guys! 
I'm a current 1st year student here. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Best of luck to all of you this cycle!

Thank you! It is always nice having the help of those who have been through the whole process. This is my second year of applying to PA school after interviewing with three programs last year. I was unable to apply to IUPUI last year because the PA I had been shadowing uploaded my LOR too late, so I'm really excited to be considered this year! Are you an Indiana resident? What is your favorite part of the program so far? Thanks! 

On 7/20/2018 at 9:20 AM, KP5537 said:

You will need to use the GRE code provided on either their website or the program information section of the CASPA. I forget which one, but I feel like it was difficult for me to find. So you will submit this through the GRE website (it comes up as IUPUI CASPA) and it will show up as verified on your CASPA application within a few days. I believe mine took 3-4 days. 

Did any of you receive an email from the program once everything was verified?  I submitted my CASPA application, supplemental, and GRE scores almost 2 weeks ago but have not had a confirmation from the program. Thanks! 

Communication with the program via email takes awhile, I'd suggest just calling for a confirmation that they have everything (Thats what I did) I received an email that my application was complete on August 29th, even though I submitted everything on July 4th. So it took awhile to hear back. 

Then invites were sent out on Sept. 22

Interviews were Oct. 16-17 (they are the 15th & 16th this year)

Acceptances were sent on Oct 20

Hope that eases some anxiety ?

On 7/20/2018 at 9:25 AM, KP5537 said:

Thank you! It is always nice having the help of those who have been through the whole process. This is my second year of applying to PA school after interviewing with three programs last year. I was unable to apply to IUPUI last year because the PA I had been shadowing uploaded my LOR too late, so I'm really excited to be considered this year! Are you an Indiana resident? What is your favorite part of the program so far? Thanks! 

Well best of luck to you this round! 

Yes I am an Indiana resident, IU was also my alma mater so I really wanted to attend this program. 

My favorite part so far is anatomy dissections (cadaver labs are invaluable) and the small class size (44 students). We all constantly study together, help each other with study resources, and spend our weekends hanging out--we try to have a social event once a weekend to unwind, whether that's grabbing dinner, seeing a movie, or celebrating after exams ? 

On 7/21/2018 at 4:14 PM, sarahbellum said:

Communication with the program via email takes awhile, I'd suggest just calling for a confirmation that they have everything (Thats what I did) I received an email that my application was complete on August 29th, even though I submitted everything on July 4th. So it took awhile to hear back. 

That is extremely helpful and alleviates a lot of my anxiety.  I'll be sure to call them directly for confirmation- thanks! 

On 7/21/2018 at 4:19 PM, sarahbellum said:

Well best of luck to you this round! 

Yes I am an Indiana resident, IU was also my alma mater so I really wanted to attend this program. 

My favorite part so far is anatomy dissections (cadaver labs are invaluable) and the small class size (44 students). We all constantly study together, help each other with study resources, and spend our weekends hanging out--we try to have a social event once a weekend to unwind, whether that's grabbing dinner, seeing a movie, or celebrating after exams ? 

Nice! I know someone in the program and she absolutely loves it! I'm an Indiana resident as well but not an IU grad. I have an interview for a different program next month but this is definitely my top choice! I really like the idea of cadaver labs because not all programs have this. I will definitely let you know if I have any additional questions! I'm surprised you even have time to check this forum while in PA school haha. 

18 hours ago, pabca94 said:

Hi there!

My alma mater is also IU and this program is my top choice. So exciting that you are a current student, congrats! Do you know approximately how many of the current students out of 44 are IU grads? I saw online that the class of 2017 had 12 out of 44, I believe. I was curious if it was higher or lower. Thank you!!

Thank you! Best of luck to you too, your stats looked great so I hope you get an interview. 

We have 20 IU grads in our class! 

On 7/21/2018 at 4:14 PM, sarahbellum said:

I ended up calling and they were able to tell me that they had received my application but just had not reviewed it yet. Thank you again! 

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, campingchristina said:

Just got an email today that my application is complete and email invitations for interviews will go out by the end of next month!

Was this a mass communication or a direct message? The last communication I got was a month ago after i finished my iu grad application to tell me my CASPA application wasnt completed yet and I didnt receive a response when I tried to let them know when it was completed.

1 hour ago, DomRRTtoPA said:

Was this a mass communication or a direct message? The last communication I got was a month ago after i finished my iu grad application to tell me my CASPA application wasnt completed yet and I didnt receive a response when I tried to let them know when it was completed.

It came as an email addressed to me. I submitted my application in the end of June, so they may just be working through them in order received?

On 8/22/2018 at 2:33 PM, campingchristina said:

It came as an email addressed to me. I submitted my application in the end of June, so they may just be working through them in order received?

I would like to think this is the case! I submitted July 4th and still haven’t received email confirmation of my app being completed, although I called prior to the August deadline and they said they had everything. 

I have received 2 acceptances so far, but this is honestly my top choice! I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you this fall for the interview process! ? 

On 8/30/2018 at 10:23 PM, Southpaw45 said:

Received email today stating application package is complete.  I submitted CASPA and was verified at the end of July.  I did take Sarah's advice last week and contacted the school asking if everything was complete.

Please keep us posted on status.

Good luck everyone!

I finally got that email saying everything had been completed as well! Good luck to you! ?

Archived