• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/3/2018 at 11:23 AM, ome1996 said:

Anyone care to share their stats that got an interview?

Thanks!

My cGPA: 3.33 (Bach cGPA: 3.19; Post-Bach cGPA: 3.76)

sGPA: 3.38 (Bach sGPA: 3.02; Post-Bach sGPA: 3.91)

GRE: 158V, 154Q, 4.5W

I actually recruited PAs and NPs as a career before deciding to become a PA. I have about 1000 hours of direct patient experience via patient care assistant and scribing. I have about 80 hours of shadowing PAs in a variety of settings/specialties. 

Hi everyone! Current IU PA student. I just wanted to give a little encouragement to those who may have gotten an interview off the waitlist:

DONT BE DISCOURAGED! I received an interview off the waitlist a week 1/2 before the interviews. I remember feeling a little discouraged going in but I ended up receiving a call two days after my interview!! Interview is everything! So give it your all and don’t be discouraged! Feel free to ask me anything. If you don’t feel up to asking on here, you can always email me: pmzint@gmail.com

-Paige 

On 10/3/2018 at 12:23 PM, ome1996 said:

Anyone care to share their stats that got an interview?

Thanks!

cGPA: 3.40 (Bach cGPA: 3.38; Graduate cGPA: 4.0)

sGPA: 3.68 (Bach sGPA: 3.47.; Graduate sGPA: 4.0)

GRE: 162V, 147Q (thankfully IUPUI doesn't care about the quant section), 4.0W

I am currently a RDN with >5,000 hours patient care experience; >100 hours clinical research; ~80 hours shadowing; >400 hours volunteering. To quote MelissaRNtoPA, "yes, I'm old."

On 10/3/2018 at 12:37 PM, MelissaRNtoPA said:

My cGPA : 3.47

Science GPA: 3.72

pre-req GPA: 3.52

GRE: 159V, 151Q, 4.0W

I am an ICU RN with >24,000 hours of experience (13 years!) - yes I'm old ?

I have about 20ish hours of shadowing

On 10/9/2018 at 12:55 PM, MelissaRNtoPA said:

Who all is interviewing Monday afternoon? Maybe we can introduce ourselves here so we'll know some people next week! My name is Melissa, I'm originally from Griffith in NW Indiana but currently live in Mishawaka, near South Bend. 

Hi Melissa! My name is Katie and I am interviewing for the Monday afternoon session as well. I am also from Northwest Indiana but would prefer not to list specifics just because this forum is so public. I look forward to hopefully meeting you! 

10 minutes ago, KP5537 said:

Hi Melissa! My name is Katie and I am interviewing for the Monday afternoon session as well. I am also from Northwest Indiana but would prefer not to list specifics just because this forum is so public. I look forward to hopefully meeting you! 

Nice to meet you Katie! It'll be nice to see another "region rat" in Indy! ?

On 10/9/2018 at 1:55 PM, MelissaRNtoPA said:

Who all is interviewing Monday afternoon? Maybe we can introduce ourselves here so we'll know some people next week! My name is Melissa, I'm originally from Griffith in NW Indiana but currently live in Mishawaka, near South Bend. 

Hello Melissa and Katie! My name's Ashley and I am also interviewing Monday afternoon. I'm an EMT from southwest Indiana applying and interviewing for the first time this cycle! I look forward to meeting you both and hearing about the experiences that lead you on this career path! 

And Melissa, you are not old. You are experienced!!? 

20 hours ago, KP5537 said:

Hi All! My name is Marlee and I'm from the Chicago suburbs, but went to Purdue University (I know I know...to all of you IU alums ? ). But I am also interviewing Monday afternoon, I can't to meet you all!

1 hour ago, chelize said:

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! To anyone interviewing Tuesday morning, let me know and hopefully we can say hi face to face. My name is Chelsie and I'm originally from the Terre Haute area, graduated from IUB. Can't wait to meet everyone! 

Hey Chelsie! I’ll also be interviewing Tuesday morning. My name is Caitlin, and I’ll be coming from western KY! See you there! 

16 hours ago, ccrabtree427 said:

Hey Chelsie! I’ll also be interviewing Tuesday morning. My name is Caitlin, and I’ll be coming from western KY! See you there! 

Hello Chelsie and Caitlin, my name is John. I'll be interviewing tomorrow morning as well. I'm from Eastern Pennsylvania (Nazareth), drove here yesterday. Look forward to meeting both of you tomorrow!

On 10/16/2018 at 5:08 PM, KP5537 said:

I hope everyone had a great interview experience! Now the waiting game begins!  ?

You too! I don't think I'm going to get any sleep tonight. Anyone else daydreaming about receiving the call? ? Don't be shy to let the forum know when any of you receive an acceptance call -- we are all rooting for everyone!

4 minutes ago, sarahbellum said:

Calls began this afternoon, takes awhile to get through everyone. Don't lose hope ?

Ah thanks for letting us know. I thought the calls started tomorrow so I was taking it easy today. Haha. Good luck to everybody. Please share on the forum if you received the good news! ? 

Archived