Application cycle 2018-2019

16 minutes ago, tiffamber said:

Thank you!! Yes, when I was initially looking at flights through their site it was showing American Airlines as the major airline for the larger cities.

You’re welcome! When were you thinking of going? I am going Oct 10-13. I think I’m staying at the Courtyard Marriott hotel in Altoona. My name is Julie btw! Lol

Edited by PAschoollove

2 hours ago, PAschoollove said:

You’re welcome! When were you thinking of going? I am going Oct 10-13. I think I’m staying at the Courtyard Marriott hotel in Altoona. My name is Julie btw! Lol

Hi Julie! I'm Tiffany, nice to meet you! I am going November 12th. I would have chosen October 12th, but I have a wedding to attend that day so I will be going on November 12th.

Is it less expensive to stay in Altoona, or is there not many hotels to choose from in Loretto? Where will you be coming from?

47 minutes ago, tiffamber said:

Hi Julie! I'm Tiffany, nice to meet you! I am going November 12th. I would have chosen October 12th, but I have a wedding to attend that day so I will be going on November 12th.

Is it less expensive to stay in Altoona, or is there not many hotels to choose from in Loretto? Where will you be coming from?

Oh ok!! Honestly, I’m not too sure I think there’s just more hotels to choose from in Altoona. Also, the Altoona airport is close to the hotel I am staying at. I will be coming from Jacksonville, FL. What about you?

Edited by PAschoollove

1 minute ago, PAschoollove said:

Oh ok!! Honestly, I’m not too sure I think there’s just more hotels to choose from in Altoona. Also, the airport is close to the hotels in Altoona as well. I will be coming from Jacksonville, FL. What about you?

I got ya, that's understandable. I will definitely have to get my travel plans squared away asap! Oh nice! I'll be coming from Phoenix.

19 minutes ago, PAschoollove said:

Yea same here lol! Are you going to be at the Nov 3 interview at D’Youville as well?

I will not be. I didn't apply to their program. I actually only replied to your post, originally, because it was the only one that popped up after searching for a SFU thread haha. I suppose we could make our own?! ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tiffamber said:

I will not be. I didn't apply to their program. I actually only replied to your post, originally, because it was the only one that popped up after searching for a SFU thread haha. I suppose we could make our own?! ?

Haha yes exactly! I hope we will be future classmates! I am so nervous for this interview! ?

On 9/10/2018 at 2:46 PM, FuturePA305 said:

Congrats! I'm down to meet up too:)

I'm also a transfer with a BS from out of state. 

Is everyone scheduled for 7:15am on November 3rd?

Yes! I'm scheduled for 7:15 am on November 3rd, coming from Cali. I wonder if they're going to split us up since it seems like a lot of us have interviews at that time.

6 hours ago, Cranlut27 said:

I read that admission into the accelerated program isn't guaranteed but humanities prereqs don't have to be taken over. Would things like organic chemistry be repeated?

I NEED TO KNOW THIS. I saw on their website below the prerequisites a little sentence in italics that said something like prereq courses need to be taken within 18 months of professional portion... there's really no way I will take Orgo again. I sent an email last week with this question but never heard back. I was talking to someone who goes there (they just started the PA program) and they said they haven't heard anything about re-taking. Is anyone else willing to reach out to Admissions regarding this and report back here? Or share what you know? Thanks

57 minutes ago, clarbd said:

I NEED TO KNOW THIS. I saw on their website below the prerequisites a little sentence in italics that said something like prereq courses need to be taken within 18 months of professional portion... there's really no way I will take Orgo again. I sent an email last week with this question but never heard back. I was talking to someone who goes there (they just started the PA program) and they said they haven't heard anything about re-taking. Is anyone else willing to reach out to Admissions regarding this and report back here? Or share what you know? Thanks

That's what I'm saying. I would be so sad if I had to go through all of the chemistry courses and bio again. Is your friend graduating before 4.5 years? I'm worried that it's something that will be reassured only verbally

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I applied late in the game - end of August and am waiting for news. 

@CASPAthefriendlyghost , I am apllying from Stafford, VA (near D.C.). Congrats on your interview!!! I used to live in Buffalo about 7 years ago and can suggest some things to do there if anyone is interested.