Application cycle 2018-2019

26 minutes ago, PAschoollove said:

Which hotel did you book at? And how close is it to the school? If you don’t mind my asking! 

No worries! I was actually going to say it but I didn’t know if that was weird haha! I’m staying in a room with 1 king bed at the Best Western. It says 5 minutes from campus.

4CBA9E86-ED88-45BE-A6E9-EB2B1000F586.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhitPA said:

No worries! I was actually going to say it but I didn’t know if that was weird haha! I’m staying in a room with 1 king bed at the Best Western. It says 5 minutes from campus.

4CBA9E86-ED88-45BE-A6E9-EB2B1000F586.png

Lol I understand! It’s all good. It makes me feel comfortable knowing that I’m staying somewhere where there may be other applicants staying, so that we can all meet up and explore the city and familiarize ourselves with the area before the interview. I feel that it will help us during the interview as well! 

33 minutes ago, PAschoollove said:

Lol I understand! It’s all good. It makes me feel comfortable knowing that I’m staying somewhere where there may be other applicants staying, so that we can all meet up and explore the city and familiarize ourselves with the area before the interview. I feel that it will help us during the interview as well! 

I’m definitely down to meet!! I just won’t get in until 11:20pm the night before so maybe after? Also if I end up renting a car and anyone is staying in my hotel I don’t mind bringing y’all!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WhitPA said:

I’m definitely down to meet!! I just won’t get in until 11:20pm the night before so maybe after? Also if I end up renting a car and anyone is staying in my hotel I don’t mind bringing y’all!

Yessss!! Down! I feel that we will all be comfortable with each other considering it’s a group interview!! Woop woop I’m excited lol!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, PAmonkee28 said:

I am also down to meet. I have not booked a flight or a hotel yet though. 

Me neither! 

I also have a BS and most of my prereqs are completed. I’ve read previous posts and from what I’ve gathered, I think If you talk to them about being accelerated, they will try and work with you. I’m hoping I could ask them about that during the interview. 

Edited by PAschoollove

13 hours ago, PAschoollove said:

Me neither! 

I also have a BS and most of my prereqs are completed. I’ve read previous posts and from what I’ve gathered, I think If you talk to them about being accelerated, they will try and work with you. I’m hoping I could ask them about that during the interview. 

Down to meet up too! PAs are taking over that Best Western lol

• Like 1

Hi! I got invited to an interview for sat nov 3rd. I'm definitely new to the area, so I'd like to meet up with my possible future cohorts! Also, familiarizing the area with a few of my peers would be great! I don't want to do it alone .

I'm a transfer with my BS, and from out of state. I hope they can accelerate the program for transfer students. =/

Thanks!

2 hours ago, ChutP said:

Hi! I got invited to an interview for sat nov 3rd. I'm definitely new to the area, so I'd like to meet up with my possible future cohorts! Also, familiarizing the area with a few of my peers would be great! I don't want to do it alone .

I'm a transfer with my BS, and from out of state. I hope they can accelerate the program for transfer students. =/

Thanks!

Congrats! I'm down to meet up too:)

I'm also a transfer with a BS from out of state. 

Is everyone scheduled for 7:15am on November 3rd?

On 9/6/2018 at 3:11 PM, PAschoollove said:

Go you that’s awesome!! I have an interview on Oct 12 at Saint Francis University and I will be renting a car there because where I’m going is a small town, so I have to drive from Pitts to Loretto, PA, which is like 2 hours. Lol! I’ll have to ask one of the students at D’Youville what they think and I’ll let everyone know! ? 

I have to make that journey too! Did you consider using Southern Airways from Pittsburgh to either Johnstown or Altoona, then either renting a car or Lyfting?

On 9/11/2018 at 2:41 AM, tiffamber said:

I have to make that journey too! Did you consider using Southern Airways from Pittsburgh to either Johnstown or Altoona, then either renting a car or Lyfting?

I’ve considered using Southern Airways but 2 current students told me they drove from Pitts to Altoona I believe. Also, one of the students mentioned that she doesn’t use small planes due to cancellations. I’m confused on what to do lol. Are you going to use Southern Airways?

Edited by PAschoollove

6 hours ago, PAschoollove said:

I’ve considered using Southern Airways but 2 current students told me they drove from Pitts to Altoona/Johnstown. Also, one of the students mentioned that she doesn’t use small planes due to cancellations. I’m confused on what to do lol. Are you going to use Southern Airways?

I've been thinking about it. Mostly because I thought it might be less expensive than renting a car, and I didn't want to drive two hours. When I was first looking at SA flights, there were plenty! Now, there's almost zero options (for the days I need to travel). So, the rental car and drive just might now be in my future...

It's my bad, I didn't exactly pay attention to where SFU was actually located haha whoops!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tiffamber said:

I've been thinking about it. Mostly because I thought it might be less expensive than renting a car, and I didn't want to drive two hours. When I was first looking at SA flights, there were plenty! Now, there's almost zero options (for the days I need to travel). So, the rental car and drive just might now be in my future...

It's my bad, I didn't exactly pay attention to where SFU was actually located haha whoops!

So I just called Southern Airways to ask them a question about luggage transfer (if buying two separate airline tickets). The woman on the phone told me that Southern Airways has a partnership with American Airlines and if you call either one of those airlines to book your ticket, they can book them together instead of going through a different airline and having to check in your bags again as well as go through security again. I thought that was pretty cool! Try doing that and see if it helps! ? 

Edited by PAschoollove

32 minutes ago, PAschoollove said:

So I just called Southern Airways to ask them a question about luggage transfer (if buying two separate airline tickets). The woman on the phone told me that Southern Airways has a partnership with American Airlines and if you call either one of those airlines to book your ticket, they can book them together instead of going through a different airline and having to check in your bags again as well as go through security again. I thought that was pretty cool! Try doing that and see if it helps! ? 

Thank you!! Yes, when I was initially looking at flights through their site it was showing American Airlines as the major airline for the larger cities.