Application cycle 2018-2019

On 11/3/2018 at 1:47 PM, NA112 said:

How did everyone’s interview go? ? Mine is on December 1st  

It was such an amazing experience! There was over 60 applicants at our interview day I believe.

The day was pretty relaxing. When I first got there, I mingled with other applicants and current students. The students were very passionate about DYC, which I loved! They answered any questions we had about the program. About a half an hour later, we were brought into another room where there was a presentation about the program/faculty. After the presentations were over, we were given a questionnaire to fill out, which we had 20 minutes to complete. Before we went into our interviews, applicants were separated into groups with a current student. I think each group had about 10 applicants with a current student. We got to drink coffee and grab snacks while chatting with the group. I really enjoyed it because it was such a comfortable atmosphere! The current students really made us feel relaxed and comfortable before we went into the interview.

The interview was a group interview. There were 2 interviewers with 3 applicants. It was only me and another applicant during my interview. I really liked the interviewers because they were very conversational and passionate about DYC. I felt as if it wasn’t an interview. 

After the interview, I was given the option to tour the campus. I took the tour and then that was it! If I were to rate how my day was at DYC I would say a definite 10 out of 10! Hope this helps! ? 

Edited by CASPAthefriendlyghost

1 hour ago, CASPAthefriendlyghost said:

It was such an amazing experience! There was over 60 applicants at our interview day I believe.

The day was pretty relaxing. When I first got there, I mingled with other applicants and current students. The students were very passionate about DYC, which I loved! They answered any questions we had about the program. About a half an hour later, we were brought into another room where there was a presentation about the program/faculty. After the presentations were over, we were given a questionnaire to fill out, which we had 20 minutes to complete. Before we went into our interviews, applicants were separated into groups with a current student. I think each group had about 10 applicants with a current student. We got to drink coffee and grab snacks while chatting with the group. I really enjoyed it because it was such a comfortable atmosphere! The current students really made us feel relaxed and comfortable before we went into the interview.

The interview was a group interview. There were 2 interviewers with 3 applicants. It was only me and another applicant during my interview. I really liked the interviewers because they were very conversational and passionate about DYC. I felt as if it wasn’t an interview. 

After the interview, I was given the option to tour the campus. I took the tour and then that was it! If I were to rate how my day was at DYC I would say a definite 10 out of 10! Hope this helps! ? 

I'm so glad your interview went well!!

• Upvote 1

The interview went well. There were a lot of PA students there who wanted to chat and help you remain calm. Without giving away specifics,  I would say be prepared to answer the most common types of PA school interview questions. There was a written questionnaire with about 10 questions and about 4-5 questions each during the actual interview. All questions I have heard or seen before online, nothing really out of the ordinary. There is no excuse- be prepared!!! It seemed like the interviewers cared as much about the content of your answer as they did about just how you handled the question and your delivery. Try to get across good full thoughts and limit your likes and ums. Also in my opinion, come with GOOD questions (not cheesy ones) because they show your seriousness and maturity. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, clarbd said:

The interview went well. There were a lot of PA students there who wanted to chat and help you remain calm. Without giving away specifics,  I would say be prepared to answer the most common types of PA school interview questions. There was a written questionnaire with about 10 questions and about 4-5 questions each during the actual interview. All questions I have heard or seen before online, nothing really out of the ordinary. There is no excuse- be prepared!!! It seemed like the interviewers cared as much about the content of your answer as they did about just how you handled the question and your delivery. Try to get across good full thoughts and limit your likes and ums. Also in my opinion, come with GOOD questions (not cheesy ones) because they show your seriousness and maturity. 

I am glad the interview went well! I am going to be there on December 1st. Thank you so much for sharing about your experience!

17 hours ago, CASPAthefriendlyghost said:

Thank you for sharing your experience!! How long was the interview with the campus tour? I have my plane tickets back for 1:30 pm on the same day...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ekaterina said:

Thank you for sharing your experience!! How long was the interview with the campus tour? I have my plane tickets back for 1:30 pm on the same day...

You’ll be fine! My flight was for 2:40pm and I had so much time to spare. We were done at 10am because we toured first and had interviews last so when our interviews were done we got to leave!

16 minutes ago, WhitPA said:

You’ll be fine! My flight was for 2:40pm and I had so much time to spare. We were done at 10am because we toured first and had interviews last so when our interviews were done we got to leave! 

I am glad to hear that; I was worried I might be late for my plane. Thank you ? 

2 hours ago, NA112 said:

Thank you for sharing your experiences! I wish you all the best success.

Did they mention anything about how many years the typical transfer students would need to complete?

Thank you! You as well!

I did ask my interviewers that since I have a bachelors, would I still need about 4 years to graduate or would I be able to be accelerated into the program. They told me it depends on my transcripts and what classes are able to be transferred. At the most, they said we can be accelerated a year into the program. It depends if there are spots available. I believe when you are accepted, speak to them about being accelerated and they will let you know your status and what you will need to do. Hopefully that answers your question! 

Edited by CASPAthefriendlyghost

3 hours ago, Ekaterina said:

You’re welcome! We got out around 10am just like @WhitPA said. Also, you have the option of taking the tour, so if you feel like you need to leave earlier you can! They don’t take off points or anything if you don’t take the tour. But you should be fine! ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nth122 said:

I don't, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was in relation to their decision. Aside from sitting and waiting I don't there is anything we are supposed to be doing. 

Yea that’s what I was thinking..also I’m a little concerned about organic chemistry. I took it as an undergrad and got a C in the course. I dk if I would have to retake it prior to starting the program or while at DYC If I am to be accepted. 

Ochem was one of the classes I heard a lot of mixed things about. If they do want you to retake it I wouldn't be surprised if you could do either. I also wouldn't be surprised if they take it because you passed, and transferring it in shouldn't affect you D'Youville gpa (I think I saw somewhere there's a B minimum for classes taken there). 

Edited by nth122
Misread previous post
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, KaylaMarkott said:

Hi all!! Just signed up for the forum. Thank  you @CASPAthefriendlyghost for sharing your interview experience - it answered all the questions I had!! My interview is on December 1st, anyone else in the same boat? 

You’re welcome! Let me know if you have any other questions! 🙂