Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I saw that nobody has started the forum for this upcoming cycle and figured I would go ahead and make it for everyone! Best of luck!

 

I will be attending the upcoming info session on June 1st at 2:00 pm. If anyone else will be in St. Louis around then maybe we could meet up!

Edited by GoffL1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey everyone! I just got my acceptance letter! I am soooo beyond happy.   Good luck to the rest of you and please let me know if anyone else on here got an acceptance, as we will be future c

I just started following this forum, but I was at the info session that day too! Wish I would have seen this earlier.

Hey guys, I am currently in the SLU PA class of 2019. I am on the forums quite a bit and am happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability. I know it's a long process so hang in there and goo

This is my second time applying to this program so I am excited to see how it plays out this year! Unfortunately I do not live super close to Saint Louis but if you have any insight from the session that would be great! Good luck to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.slu.edu/programs/graduate/physician-assistant-mms.php

Under Application Process at the bottom of the page - "CASPA applications and SLU supplemental applications are reviewed beginning June 1. We recommend early submission of all application materials by Aug. 1."

The website doesn't say they wait until August 1 to start reviewing applications, so I'm assuming its a rolling basis pending receipt of CASPA + essay and the supplemental fee. 

Edited by aquacamel
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2018 at 9:26 AM, GoffL1 said:

I saw that nobody has started the forum for this upcoming cycle and figured I would go ahead and make it for everyone! Best of luck!

 

I will be attending the upcoming info session on June 1st at 2:00 pm. If anyone else will be in St. Louis around then maybe we could meet up!

I just started following this forum, but I was at the info session that day too! Wish I would have seen this earlier.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2018 at 6:26 PM, locole3 said:

Hi everyone, 

I see that the deadline for this program is November 1st, but does anyone know if admissions run on a rolling basis? 

Thanks!

Yes, admissions are on a rolling basis. Interviews begin in October, and after each interview, they will either offer you a spot or put you on the waitlist. After the next interview, they will offer more spots and revisit the waitlist. If you are on the waitlist you may be offered a spot after any one of the subsequent interviews. They continue this process until all the seats are filled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 17, 2018 at 1:53 AM, JWB77 said:

Yes, admissions are on a rolling basis. Interviews begin in October, and after each interview, they will either offer you a spot or put you on the waitlist. After the next interview, they will offer more spots and revisit the waitlist. If you are on the waitlist you may be offered a spot after any one of the subsequent interviews. They continue this process until all the seats are filled.

Thank you very much!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I am currently in the SLU PA class of 2019. I am on the forums quite a bit and am happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability. I know it's a long process so hang in there and good luck to everyone.

Edited by JWB77
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this helps you guys, but I applied last year and was not accepted. I got an email with the rejection and it stated "the best way to increase your chances is to apply by July 15th in order to considered for all interview dates". Last year I applied in September so I don't think that helped my chances. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2018 at 10:26 AM, JTET21 said:

Just got the email that I met all the requirements and that I am under review. Good luck to everyone who applied. 

About how long did it take for you to get this email? My application was verified by CASPA on July 18th and I have paid the supplemental fee/completed the SLU Program Materials. I am curious to know about how long SLU takes before they email you (although I’m sure it probably differs from person to person). 

Edited by jmkEnzo
Clarification
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmkEnzo said:

About how long did it take for you to get this email? My application was verified by CASPA on July 18th and I have paid the supplemental fee/completed the SLU Program Materials. I am curious to know about how long SLU takes before they email you (although I’m sure it probably differs from person to person). 

I submitted the 5th of July so I am sure you will hear back pretty soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Question on GRE scores

SLU states GRE not required, however I have competed the GRE and scores are submitted in CASPA (application shows the unofficial score and until you request official scores when they show both on your application).

 With being not required - should I send CASPA a GRE score for SLU or?

Scores 151 / 155 / 4.0

Thanks

NOTE: Application was submitted Last day of July.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Southpaw45 said:

Question on GRE scores

SLU states GRE not required, however I have competed the GRE and scores are submitted in CASPA (application shows the unofficial score and until you request official scores when they show both on your application).

 With being not required - should I send CASPA a GRE score for SLU or?

Scores 151 / 155 / 4.0

Thanks

NOTE: Application was submitted Last day of July.

You can put your unofficial GRE score in CASPA, but don’t bother sending an official copy. I called them back in June when I was submitting my application and they said they wouldn’t consider an official score even if they received it (which was a relief for my wallet).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jmkEnzo said:

Any of you who have had your applications under review by SLU, have you heard anything yet? I just received my email from SLU that my application is now under review so I’m eager to hear how long the review process generally takes! 

I submitted my application on June 25th and was notified that everything had been received on July 10th. On August 15th they sent me an email that my application had been scored. So looks like about a month-ish for them to score everything! They also provided their interview dates if one is offered: October 12th, November 9th, January 11th, February 1st, and February 22nd. So be sure to keep those dates clear if SLU is your top choice!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KingGrimace26 said:

I submitted my application on June 25th and was notified that everything had been received on July 10th. On August 15th they sent me an email that my application had been scored. So looks like about a month-ish for them to score everything! They also provided their interview dates if one is offered: October 12th, November 9th, January 11th, February 1st, and February 22nd. So be sure to keep those dates clear if SLU is your top choice!

So the waiting game continues! Thank you for the information. That will definitely come in handy! ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 3:43 PM, trumanin1 said:

I received an email stating that the application has received long back in May end i think, but after that I did not got any email regarding the scoring of the application. 

Any suggestions as of should I contact them ? 

 

Thanks 

I’d probably give them a call! I think it’s been a fair amount of time to wonder what’s going on. Plus, Helen, the admissions coordinator, seems to be pretty open to prospective students contacting her with questions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More