2018-2019 Cycle

On 10/15/2018 at 2:53 PM, Ht213 said:

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to give an update. I have received an invitation for the upcoming interview on November 9th.

I am super excited! If anyone has any advise or input for this particular interview please let me know!

Good luck to the rest of you all : D

What were your stats?

2 hours ago, chunhi123 said:

Have anyone in the Oct interview heard anything yet from SLU? Wonder if anyone got their acceptance email?

No. Helen did say 1-2 weeks, so any day now. I've never been more disappointed with junk email. I'm curious as to how many get accepted from that interview day. Great candidates all around and even better people, IMO.

For everyone else: SLU interviews 100 students and they have 46 seats available with anywhere from 0-3 seats being offered to the SLU pre-PA undergraduate track. It's likely that not every person that is offered a seat will accept it in the end as they may have a few other offers and decide to go in a different direction. I look at it as a 50/50 shot after the interview day. But honestly, you all are there for a reason, so have some fun and really just see if the vibe is right. 

10 hours ago, GoBigRED18 said:

No. Helen did say 1-2 weeks, so any day now. I've never been more disappointed with junk email. I'm curious as to how many get accepted from that interview day. Great candidates all around and even better people, IMO.

For everyone else: SLU interviews 100 students and they have 46 seats available with anywhere from 0-3 seats being offered to the SLU pre-PA undergraduate track. It's likely that not every person that is offered a seat will accept it in the end as they may have a few other offers and decide to go in a different direction. I look at it as a 50/50 shot after the interview day. But honestly, you all are there for a reason, so have some fun and really just see if the vibe is right. 

Same...I literally check my email every minute each and every day ever since. Hopefully we will hear something from Helen soon.

22 hours ago, prepa2306 said:

Received my acceptance email this morning! CLASS OF 2021 WHOOO!

22 hours ago, prepa2306 said:

Received my acceptance email this morning! CLASS OF 2021 WHOOO!

16 hours ago, chunhi123 said:

Congrats to you all! That is very exciting. I'm on the other hand...waitlisted =0.

Do any of you have any advice for making the most out of the interview day? I’ll be interviewing November 9th and wasn’t sure if there was anything special to consider or do in preparation to make the most out of the day! 

Of course I understand you can’t really share specifics since a lot of that day must remain private but any general advice/thoughts on the day are greatly appreciated! ?

30 minutes ago, jmkEnzo said:

Do any of you have any advice for making the most out of the interview day? I’ll be interviewing November 9th and wasn’t sure if there was anything special to consider or do in preparation to make the most out of the day! 

Of course I understand you can’t really share specifics since a lot of that day must remain private but any general advice/thoughts on the day are greatly appreciated! ?

I would honestly say just be yourself and try to relax! The conversations with the interviewers were very natural and not forced at all. They really just want to get to know you better and know your interests. They try to make you feel comfortable the entire day.The day is really great becuase the current students are present all day and are able to answer any questions you may have. So I would definitely say come with lots of questions about the school or PA school in general.The faculty is so inviting and invested in their students. I couldn't have asked for a better interview.

16 minutes ago, prepa2306 said:

I would honestly say just be yourself and try to relax! The conversations with the interviewers were very natural and not forced at all. They really just want to get to know you better and know your interests. They try to make you feel comfortable the entire day.The day is really great becuase the current students are present all day and are able to answer any questions you may have. So I would definitely say come with lots of questions about the school or PA school in general.The faculty is so inviting and invested in their students. I couldn't have asked for a better interview.

Thank you so much for the advice! November 9th can’t get here fast enough. Congrats on your acceptance! 

• 4 weeks later...

So who else is super nervous to hear back from SLU after last week's interview??? I know I am!

To everyone else who is invited for an interview, please know that the environment that the University creates for you will be so warm, inviting and personalized. I was thoroughly impressed by the sincerity of the staff members, and how much effort the put forth to help you feel calm and comfortable. The lunch they provided was delicious and the students who guide you around were fun and easy to talk to, along with being really open and informative about their personal experiences.

Good luck to you all who interviewed and to everyone awaiting a notice!

PS: if anyone hears anything regarding waitlists or acceptances from the Nov 9th interview please let me know! 🙂

1 hour ago, Ht213 said:

So who else is super nervous to hear back from SLU after last week's interview??? I know I am!

To everyone else who is invited for an interview, please know that the environment that the University creates for you will be so warm, inviting and personalized. I was thoroughly impressed by the sincerity of the staff members, and how much effort the put forth to help you feel calm and comfortable. The lunch they provided was delicious and the students who guide you around were fun and easy to talk to, along with being really open and informative about their personal experiences.

Good luck to you all who interviewed and to everyone awaiting a notice!

PS: if anyone hears anything regarding waitlists or acceptances from the Nov 9th interview please let me know! 🙂

I know I’m super nervous to hear something! It was such a great day though and everything you said was spot on. Good luck to you as well! Hopefully we will hear something by the 20th like Helen was saying! 🤞🏼 🙂

6 minutes ago, ham655 said:

My application was just ranked on 11/15... any idea when I might hear something?

If you're under consideration for the January interview, it should be about 1 month beforehand that you get an invitation. I don’t know exactly when the January date is, but it’s likely the 11th. So December 11th-ish would be my guess when you’ll hear something!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trumanin1 said:

Congratulations guys who got accepted.

Does anyone knows how many positions does SLU has and they have interview dates one In Jan and two in Feb or one in feb?

And how many people.got accepted.till now and remaining number of positions available ?

There are a total of 46 seats for this upcoming class. I’m not sure how many have been accepted thus far but it can’t be too many since they’ve only sent out acceptance letters for the October interview.

As for remaining interviews, there’s one in January and then two in February! 

2 minutes ago, jmkEnzo said:

There are a total of 46 seats for this upcoming class. I’m not sure how many have been accepted thus far but it can’t be too many since they’ve only sent out acceptance letters for the October interview.

As for remaining interviews, there’s one in January and then two in February! 

Thanks for the update 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...