• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Chloeday said:

Does anyone know if its rolling admissions?

Also if you guys wouldn't mind sharing your stats that would be great!

yes it is! I called any they stated that when they first go through apps they look to see if you've met GPA requirements and such (its just a brief skim to weed out those who don't qualify) and then they dig deeper and read into everything I believe by July!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2018 at 12:29 PM, fingerscrossedPA20 said:

Current UTHSCSA student here!

The way it worked last year for admissions was that they only admitted a few students after each interview session and then did mass admission in December and January after they had finished the final interview session!

How is your experience as a PA student going there?

• Upvote 1

On 7/16/2018 at 1:01 PM, abc2018 said:

Hey guys, has anyone heard back yet? I just got my "Still in review" email today 

First interviews won't be till September. The earliest you will hear is probably later August.

Overall, the program has benefits and downsides, like all programs. If you interview at UT Health SA, or anywhere, just remember you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2018 at 8:45 PM, OneDayAPA_Maybe said:

First interviews won't be till September. The earliest you will hear is probably later August.

Overall, the program has benefits and downsides, like all programs. If you interview at UT Health SA, or anywhere, just remember you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you.

Do you attend the PA program here? 

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, MCEmit said:

Just received an interview invite from UT Health SA a couple of hours ago for 9/10/2018! Super exciting, and I look forward to meeting everyone else who also received an invite for that day! Best of luck to everyone else who applied!

same here, I believe we're the first batch. Do you know if they're rolling admissions? I see that they're MMI anyone have interview tips?

Goodluck all!!

4 hours ago, Earlthe said:

Do you know if they're rolling admissions?

I think it is rolling admissions. I think the earlier you apply the better your chances of getting an interview are, though I’m sure they take a lot of other things into consideration as well. The whole rolling admissions process is kind of confusing! But congrats on getting an interview invite!! Look forward to seeing you there. I literally live right up the street from UTHSCSA!

1 hour ago, Monet said:

Does everyone receive a "Still Under Review" email....

I don’t recall receiving that email from UTHSCSA  and I still received an interview invite. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 1:43 PM, MCEmit said:

I think it is rolling admissions. I think the earlier you apply the better your chances of getting an interview are, though I’m sure they take a lot of other things into consideration as well. The whole rolling admissions process is kind of confusing! But congrats on getting an interview invite!! Look forward to seeing you there. I literally live right up the street from UTHSCSA!

I don’t recall receiving that email from UTHSCSA  and I still received an interview invite. 

Ok. Thank you very much. I was just wondering because I received a great job "Still Under Review Email" and I didn't know if that was a second part of the decision process because it stated that it was now sent to the faculty.

43 minutes ago, Monet said:

Ok. Thank you very much. I was just wondering because I received a great job "Still Under Review Email" and I didn't know if that was a second part of the decision process because it stated that it was now sent to the faculty.

I see! I think that might be a hit or miss thing for some applicants. It might be a thing that all schools in the UT system do for some students, not sure! I received that email before getting an interview invite at UT Southwestern, but not from UTHSCSA! It probably doesn't mean much of anything regarding your interview chances. I called one school that sent me an email like that and the admissions coordinator literally said "ooooh, that's nice, I didn't know we did that anymore!" Lol, so I wouldn't worry about anything, it's all about being patient. They'll let you know when a decision has been made. At this point, no news is still good news...It means you're still being considered!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jonathon1 said:

Just got an email stating their office is backed up and will begin moving again on August 14th.

I think they were saying that starting today, August 14th, they are going to be moving into another office on campus, so during the move, we may have some difficulty getting in touch with the admissions office via telephone. Until the move is complete, they stated that email would be the best form of communication. shpwelcome@uthscsa.edu

On 8/14/2018 at 2:09 AM, MCEmit said:

I think they were saying that starting today, August 14th, they are going to be moving into another office on campus, so during the move, we may have some difficulty getting in touch with the admissions office via telephone. Until the move is complete, they stated that email would be the best form of communication. shpwelcome@uthscsa.edu

Do you think it would be a good idea to send an email to check on the status of our application or wait it out a little longer? Congratulations on your interview, by the way! ?

44 minutes ago, vbg2715 said:

Do you think it would be a good idea to send an email to check on the status of our application or wait it out a little longer? Congratulations on your interview, by the way! ?

I’d wait! I guarantee all they will say is something like they’ll be reviewing and sending invites through January or whenever. They probably won’t offer up much info. I’d wait a bit! At least wait until you see people receiving invites for December or January to ask, assuming you havent heard anything still. Just my opinion. 

16 hours ago, MCEmit said:

I’d wait! I guarantee all they will say is something like they’ll be reviewing and sending invites through January or whenever. They probably won’t offer up much info. I’d wait a bit! At least wait until you see people receiving invites for December or January to ask, assuming you havent heard anything still. Just my opinion. 

You're right! That's probably the best move. I received a still under review 7/9, but with the move I'm sure correspondence will add more time to the list. Thanks again for the help!

• Like 1