In case anyone is curious, my stats are below: 

Submitted 5/8, Verified 5/18

CASPA sGPA : 3.13

cGPA: 3.30

GRE: 304, 4.0 on writing

PCE: ~7500 hours

Volunteer: ~150 hours

Shadowing PAs: ~120 hours

I have a Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Spanish, and a Master of Science in Microbiology. 

:) Good luck to everyone else!!!!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ckess37 said:

In case anyone is curious, my stats are below: 

Submitted 5/8, Verified 5/18

CASPA sGPA : 3.13

cGPA: 3.30

GRE: 304, 4.0 on writing

PCE: ~7500 hours

Volunteer: ~150 hours

Shadowing PAs: ~120 hours

I have a Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Spanish, and a Master of Science in Microbiology. 

? Good luck to everyone else!!!!

Congrats!! Out of curiosity what were your patient care hours in - was it Microbiology related? (My undergrad was micro, so just curious:))

Hi everyone! For those of you who have already interviewed, how did you prepare for the MMI style? I have been practicing scenarios and how I would formulate my answer during the interview. I should clarify that I am not memorizing answers to questions, I am specifically practicing my ability to concisely formulate and concisely answer the questions/scenarios in front of me. I want my answers to sound genuine but I also do not want to talk in circles due to nerves. I interview on September 14th! Thank you in advance! 

21 hours ago, lilmems said:

Congrats!! Out of curiosity what were your patient care hours in - was it Microbiology related? (My undergrad was micro, so just curious:))

I've been working in several patient care settings for the past 6 years ? A health camp for disabled children, working as a respite caregiver in a private home, a resident caregiver in a group home, and as a medical assistant in a neurology clinic!

2 hours ago, drzew1 said:

Hi everyone! For those of you who have already interviewed, how did you prepare for the MMI style? I have been practicing scenarios and how I would formulate my answer during the interview. I should clarify that I am not memorizing answers to questions, I am specifically practicing my ability to concisely formulate and concisely answer the questions/scenarios in front of me. I want my answers to sound genuine but I also do not want to talk in circles due to nerves. I interview on September 14th! Thank you in advance! 

I googled example MMI questions and had friends and family ask me them! I would practice sticking to the 5 or 8 minute rule. You’ll feel like you’re rambling but that’s the point! They want to hear your thought process on the topic. 

On 8/2/2018 at 9:32 AM, Ckess37 said:

I've been working in several patient care settings for the past 6 years ? A health camp for disabled children, working as a respite caregiver in a private home, a resident caregiver in a group home, and as a medical assistant in a neurology clinic!

Wow, sounds like an amazing range of experiences! I'm planning to branch out from scribing into EMT, might consider some of these as well^^ 

19 hours ago, prepa23456 said:

For those who already interviewed: how long do they take to get back to you about the final admissions decision? Is it two weeks post-interview?

They said 2-3 weeks for us and they let us know 12 business days after! Got an email around 5pm EST!

On 8/2/2018 at 9:37 AM, drzew1 said:

Honestly, you can't really prepare because they want to see your thought practice. So when answering questions, verbalize what you're thinking and how you get to your answer. Good luck!

13 minutes ago, CMPA2 said:

I applied June 27th and have only received the application is under review email and that it will take anywhere from 2-8 weeks.

Currently at 8 weeks as of today for me. I know others are >8 weeks and no word yet. 

23 hours ago, PrePhysicianAssistant said:

Is the interview on 8/24 only their second round of interviews?? Are there any more dates put out there?

Yes I believe it is only second round! When I signed up for the August interview I saw September 14th as the next date and someone else I know has one in October. Hope that helps!

Guest Coolforcats13

got an interview for October! 

Applied June 26th 

cGPA: 3.51, sGPA: 3.35, Pre-req GPA: 4.0 

GRE: 316 , 4.0 writing 

PCT: 4,000 hours (PCT2, Phlebotomist/Lab Tech, Health Director at a summer camp) 

Volunteering: about 500 hours for Lurie children's and a free health clinic 

Shadowing: 50 hours (internal Medicine and dermatology PAs) 

15 minutes ago, Coolforcats13 said:

got an interview for October! 

Applied June 26th 

cGPA: 3.51, sGPA: 3.35, Pre-req GPA: 4.0 

GRE: 316 , 4.0 writing 

PCT: 4,000 hours (PCT2, Phlebotomist/Lab Tech, Health Director at a summer camp) 

Volunteering: about 500 hours for Lurie children's and a free health clinic 

Shadowing: 50 hours (internal Medicine and dermatology PAs) 

Congrats! Did you receive your invite today? 

Archived