Rosalind Franklin 2018-2019 Applicants

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/21/2018 at 6:21 PM, badgerb3838 said:

Anyone who got offered an interview mind sharing their stats? I got an email saying I was under review 6/15

Sure! Undergrad at UW-Madison (first time applicant)

cGPA: 3.9

sGPA: 3.84

PCE: ~1200 hours CNA & MA

Volunteer: ~200 hours 

GRE: 309 and 4.0 (69th verbal 55th quant)

President of student organization

On 6/20/2018 at 5:36 PM, Rodzm said:

If you don’t mind me asking. What are your stats? 

GPA: 3.0

Science: 3.0

GRE: 305 w/ 4.5 analytical

pt care hours: >4500 with PA, PCP, Ortho, derm

Letters of rec from: previous professor/now medical professor, Ortho doc, and PCP PA

Third time applicant.

Guest thePAway
17 minutes ago, HopefulPA2021 said:

yes! I got that email on 5/31.

Someone who applied last year said that they start out getting back to people very quickly than as more people apply it takes them longer to get back to you, I have a friend who applied in August last year and did not receive an invite to interview until January

On 6/21/2018 at 7:21 PM, badgerb3838 said:

Anyone who got offered an interview mind sharing their stats? I got an email saying I was under review 6/15

GPA: 3.7

GRE: 320, 4 on writing

Volunteer: 500 at time of submission, 800 by end of December

HCE: 1200 at time of submission, detailed 2100 by end of December.

Shadowing: 120 PA, 30 MD

Pre-PA club founder and president

Submitted around 5/20

I think I wrote a decent diversity statement that may or may not have helped.

2 hours ago, HopefulPA2021 said:

Has anyone else not heard back with a verification date on or before 5/31?

I was verified 5/31 and have not received an interview, continued consideration, or decline email. Just hoping I am not the only one!

Yes!! You're not alone! I was verified 5/30 by RFUMS and still haven't heard anything... seems like that can't be good but who knows?? I was debating emailing them but I don't want to be annoying so I probably won't ?

5 hours ago, Andy20035 said:

Hey guys,

I am currently working on the supplemental application and am almost finished. I plan to submit soon. Do you guys think it is too late? I am seeing a few people already receiving interviews and am wondering if it is worth it to still apply so late.

No it’s not too late!!! Apply!!! They usually extend interview invitations into next year. 

On 6/10/2018 at 10:28 PM, SpartanNation28 said:

I submitted on 6/7 and my status is currently just "received". Did anyone else's go to received or straight to "complete"? 

The “received” email should have included a link to pay the supplemental fee ($35). After paying the fee, you get an email saying your file is complete. I got mine an hour after paying!

54 minutes ago, sxc23 said:

Has anyone received any responses from them that applied early/mid June? I haven't ?

I was verified in late May and still haven't heard anything yet... it seems like they are pulling from high GRE scores first (just my perception). 

18 minutes ago, Lizli1 said:

I was verified in late May and still haven't heard anything yet... it seems like they are pulling from high GRE scores first (just my perception). 

I received the “file complete” email on 6/12. So far it’s been 4 weeks out of the quoted 8 to review. Did you receive a “continued consideration” email? 

52 minutes ago, Rodzm said:

I received the “file complete” email on 6/12. So far it’s been 4 weeks out of the quoted 8 to review. Did you receive a “continued consideration” email? 

Nope! Haven't heard a peep! I debated contacting them, but I still have about two more weeks until I'm at the 8 week mark! I'm assuming they are on the fence about me as they've already offered interviews to people who submitted weeks after me. Still hoping for the best though! 

45 minutes ago, Lizli1 said:

Nope! Haven't heard a peep! I debated contacting them, but I still have about two more weeks until I'm at the 8 week mark! I'm assuming they are on the fence about me as they've already offered interviews to people who submitted weeks after me. Still hoping for the best though! 

I’m hoping the same! Goodluck to you!! My cGPA isn’t great but I’m hoping my last 60 really outweighs that. 

4 hours ago, Lizli1 said:

I noticed that from last years forum also. The early interview offers are given to high GRE applicants. 

5 hours ago, Lizli1 said:

Thank you all for replying back! It sucks, but it's good to know others are also waiting. I guess waiting is better than an outright rejection from the get-go. 

Hi guys! I received my "application received" email 7/9 and thought I'd get involved with the thread. I did the optional essay as well. Good luck to all on your interviews!

Cumulative GPA: 3.73

Science GPA: 3.74

GRE: 321 & 4.5

PCE: 1100 as a PCT on a Med/Surg floor, I'll have 1500 more (at least) by June 2019. 

Shadowing: 135 hours with PAs and MDs mostly, with some experience in a hospice clinic observing chaplains, social workers and RNs. 

Other experience: I have research experience in biochemistry, epidemiology and medical humanities. I also have a handful of volunteer/leadership/teaching experiences, although not as extensive.

Archived