Got offered my own clinic, said yes.

Rural Alaska, here I come :D

I read this thread and see that everyone is pleased. I am happy for you as well. I don't know what this means to you and to PAs though. What is "my own clinic?" Does it mean 1. No physician supervision or 2. No other providers in the clinic or 3. All providers (MD/DO/NP/PA) report to you as medical director or 4. You own the clinic itself and 100% of profits go to you alone or 5. something else entirely.

• Administrator
I read this thread and see that everyone is pleased. I am happy for you as well. I don't know what this means to you and to PAs though. What is "my own clinic?" Does it mean 1. No physician supervision or 2. No other providers in the clinic or 3. All providers (MD/DO/NP/PA) report to you as medical director or 4. You own the clinic itself and 100% of profits go to you alone or 5. something else entirely.

In rural Alaska, that would mean option 2.

• Administrator

In rural Alaska, that would mean option 2.

#2 is the answer to anyone that knows of the rural Alaska medical structure - AK does practice with collaboration

sort of crazy that you are not aware of this - but maybe you are a new PA

#2 is the answer to anyone that knows of the rural Alaska medical structure - AK does practice with collaboration

sort of crazy that you are not aware of this - but maybe you are a new PA

Archived