Programs that do not accept online courses?

Hey all!

I've been going through my list of schools I wish to apply to, however some of the programs I'm interested in require that none of your classes are taken online. Does anyone know if programs ever make exceptions? Is it worth applying anyway? I work full-time as a medical scribe in a cardiology office, so my work hours conflict with class hours.

I have not come across a school that does not accept ANY online courses.  Perhaps I did not look closely enough, however I have seen schools that do require certain courses to be taken in the classroom.  Typically schools will say "lab required" to get you to, more or less, take classes in person.  

I would not apply to a school that says you cannot have online credits or prerequisite courses without checking in with that program first.  However, these programs have their rules for a reason and to be an exception is unlikely even given your schedule.  I say that because the majority of the people on here and those that apply to PA school work as well and have to balance school with work to accommodate what PA programs want.  That does not mean you cannot apply to other programs that are not as picky.

Luckily medical scribe jobs are always in excess, at least they are where I live.  Finding a way to accommodate the demands of these institutions should be possible.  A side note as well, medical scribe patient care experience is ranked lower than, lets say, an EMT's patient care experience.  I say this as a former medical scribe (I worked in Emergency Room, Primary Care, Chronic Pain and Pysc) who was forced to find another job with better direct patient care experience.  I was bummed given the hours I put into working as a medical scribe and the different areas in medicine I had worked.  Anyway, finding another job that can give you better direct patient care experience is an option.  

I would assume they don't make exceptions since it doesn't seem like anyone's reason would be better than the next person's.

I wouldn't want to attend a school with that policy since I don't agree with that mentality. Seems to me that it would be the type of school preferring traditional students.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Archived