Stethoscope 22" or 27"?

How tall are you?  I'm 6'5 and, while I don't know how long my stethoscope is , it's a long one and works for me (insert juvenile but politically incorrect joke here) 
I'm 5'2"! Even though I'm much shorter, I do agree that it will put in at an uncomfortable distance... My brothers got it engraved at the bell, so maybe the company will be lenient on switching out the tubing?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm 6'2" and actually prefer the shorter tubing...the elephant trunk sized scope tubing is actually an American thing to keep people out of TB range.  I used to laugh anytime I worked with US military units, as their issued stethoscopes were like M*A*S*H era things that were longer than Mike Phelps' arms.

Why don't you just test drive the thing and see how you like it and compare it to a longer one?  Most people have more than one they use anyway - I usually have 2 in my locker at work in case one walks away and am comfortable using both - my spare doubles as a nunchuku, as the bell is heavy enough I could effectively brain someone with it if the need arose...and the acoustics are good too.

SK

As noted, shorter will give you (perhaps marginally) better acoustics but will be too short to wear around your neck.

As an aside, I always advise our students to NOT wear it around their neck. My old program director used to tell a story about almost getting choked to death. Since then it has been in the right lab coat pocket.

22 hours ago, SHU-CH said:

As noted, shorter will give you (perhaps marginally) better acoustics but will be too short to wear around your neck.

As an aside, I always advise our students to NOT wear it around their neck. My old program director used to tell a story about almost getting choked to death. Since then it has been in the right lab coat pocket.

That has happened to me...that's the reason that old school docs put it in the pocket or hang it by the binaurals - if someone grabs the tube, it'll come away without you.  It's also the reason I wear 5-11's - lots of cargo pocket space.

SK

Archived