board of medicine supervision mess up

So I have two jobs, one at a hospital for emergency medicine and other in family medicine. I was informed by my family medicine office manager stating that there are no other physicians on my license per our states board of medicine other than my family practice supervising physician. I have been working in the ER for 1.5 years and apparently those 11+ doctors have not been listed or reported to the board. So the ED I work for screwed up and never sent the supervision forms, even though they have clearly been "supervising" me and signing off on all my notes.  I am suppose to be deleting a physician due to a recent death but hes not even listed on my license. How bad is this? who would be at fault here, me or my employer? And how do I fix it?

Thank you

This might be a state-specific issue but in my state it is the PA's responsibility to keep the board informed of supervising physicians and practice locations, not the practice/hospital's responsibility. I agree though, just send in the necessary paperwork and probably won't be an issue.

5 minutes ago, ALC0313 said:

This might be a state-specific issue but in my state it is the PA's responsibility to keep the board informed of supervising physicians and practice locations, not the practice/hospital's responsibility. I agree though, just send in the necessary paperwork and probably won't be an issue.

What state are you in and how would I find this information out. 

The thing is, we all signed the form and had to give it back to the ED group manager so she could submit it. And I guess it was not done 

On 12/19/2017 at 1:25 PM, ALC0313 said:

Florida. It's all on the FL Board of Medicine website. Whenever I update mine I give it a couple weeks then look up my license to verify the changes have been made. I would just fill out a new form, or if you have a copy of the original then submit it yourself.

I'm still waiting on the state of FL to add my supervising docs info as well. They have had the paperwork for over a month and have not added them. I've found the FL board to be amazingly difficult to work with! State employees...

In your case, I would just submit the paperwork and roll on as others have said. 

On 12/19/2017 at 1:13 PM, Albus21 said:

The thing is, we all signed the form and had to give it back to the ED group manager so she could submit it. And I guess it was not done

NEVER see a patient unless you have a signed copy of this in your hand, AND reasonable belief it has been forwarded to the BOM.

I do primarily locums.  I have showed up in an ED at 0700 one morning and, after several days of emails to admin asking for a copy of the form, told the nurse I was there but couldn't see patients because I didn't have a copy of the form.  Admin flunky had to come in early to give me a hardcopy....

Archived