Another face palm moment

Guest ral

My wife is a nurse at one of the local high schools.  She calls me from time to time, to ask a question about this or that.  She calls me just now and asks, "If a patient has mono, how long before they can come back to school once they have started antibiotics?"  Apparently, she just had a teen come in from a practitioner, with comfirmed positive test (have no idea whether doc, PA, NP).  I calmly remind her of the viral etiology, no antibiotics needed, splenic precautions.  She says, "Well, the student said she also had bronchitis, so maybe that's why she was given antibiotics."  I laughed.  She knows why.

Big face palm.

My husband's coworkers thought shingles were contagious as shingles and started talking about itchy spots within 20 minutes of knowledge.....

Not related but a pt today had a massive head injury 10 yrs and thinks sand is oozing from her skin all the time. Chops her hair short so it is easier to get it out.

Back to helping kids with homework... and feeling a touch normal.

A patient once called stating she had been given acyclovir topical ointment for genital herpes outbreak by another provider and was wondering whether the ointment was safe or toxic for her partner performing oral sex. My mind was screaming, "you are worrying about the WRONG thing!"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 12/15/2017 at 0:16 AM, mooko12 said:

A patient once called stating she had been given acyclovir topical ointment for genital herpes outbreak by another provider and was wondering whether the ointment was safe or toxic for her partner performing oral sex. My mind was screaming, "you are worrying about the WRONG thing!"

Like her partner needs to have their eyeglass prescription checked?

Archived