My CASPA has been recently verified but I realized that my family booked an international trip for the first two weeks of January, which is non-refundable. How flexible are PA school interview dates, if I were to receive one? Would this be a major issue? Any advice? These are my schools:

Baylor College of Med
Cornell
Northern Arizona Univ
Univ of Tax-Galvanson(UTMB)
UT Southwestern School of Health Professions
Yale
Texas Tech University
Saint Louis Univ
Western Univ
Desales
California Baptist Univ
Charles R Drew Univ
SoCal University of Health Sciences
Arcadia

They are flexible in that if the date they offer you doesn't work they will usually let you attend a different date that they are offering.  

Your only problem will be if the last date a school is offering you is while you are gone and they can't accommodate you sooner....then you have no interview date.  You can certainly ask if they have alternatives.  But there is the chance you will have to decide if you want to miss your trip and interview.

14 minutes ago, MT2PA said:

They are flexible in that if the date they offer you doesn't work they will usually let you attend a different date that they are offering.  

Your only problem will be if the last date a school is offering you is while you are gone and they can't accommodate you sooner....then you have no interview date.  You can certainly ask if they have alternatives.  But there is the chance you will have to decide if you want to miss your trip and interview.

The trip is Dec 29-Jan19. Would this be a very bad time frame?

Most schools have their interviews over a few months, not over a few weeks. And the time period you cite is often associated with faculty vacations and the like for the holidays.

This will work out. Go and enjoy! You won't get a chance like this for a long time, between school and getting a new job.

I was just offered an interview two days ago.  My girlfriend and I are celebrating our 5th anniversary on 9/14 and planned a trip for the week of 9/9-915.  

The theory is that the sooner you interview the better your chances are, so I cringed when they offered my interview for 9/11-9/12. I mentioned I couldn't make those dates due to my 5th anniversary trip being booked already and they had no problem at all offering the next interview session on 9/25-9/26.  The caller was super pleasant and had no issues at all. 

I'd say most interviews happen before your scheduled trip.

On 7/20/2017 at 6:05 PM, JD2012 said:

I was just offered an interview two days ago.  My girlfriend and I are celebrating our 5th anniversary on 9/14 and planned a trip for the week of 9/9-915.  

The theory is that the sooner you interview the better your chances are, so I cringed when they offered my interview for 9/11-9/12. I mentioned I couldn't make those dates due to my 5th anniversary trip being booked already and they had no problem at all offering the next interview session on 9/25-9/26.  The caller was super pleasant and had no issues at all. 

I'd say most interviews happen before your scheduled trip.

What school was this? Baylor said they usually interview during the second week of January

On 7/20/2017 at 5:39 PM, UGoLong said:

Most schools have their interviews over a few months, not over a few weeks. And the time period you cite is often associated with faculty vacations and the like for the holidays.

This will work out. Go and enjoy! You won't get a chance like this for a long time, between school and getting a new job.

I found out Baylor interviews second week of January :( 

My guess is that their interviews aren't all in the same week. That would be quite unusual. Schools gets hundreds of applicants and interview some multiple of the seats they have open.

But if they don't, they don't. Can't design your life around stuff like that. Just live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 7/21/2017 at 9:21 PM, silverstarlight said:

What school was this? Baylor said they usually interview during the second week of January

This was for University of Florida. Their interviews begin in late August and go until early December.

As UGo said I don't think they will do all of them that second week. Im sure there will be some afterwards so hopefully it all lines up.  If it is meant to be it's meant to be.

Archived