2017-2018 Stony Brook Application Thread

Congrats to everyone who was accepted to the Stony Brook class of 2020! I'm a current student of the class of 2019. 

If you received a phone call telling you that you were accepted and you accepted your seat, then you'll be getting an email soon with more information; just be patient. You're in, so don't worry. There is no deposit required for Stony Brook (they're that confident they'll fill their class). There were 64 available seats this year - 44 at the Stony Brook campus and 20 at the Southampton campus. 

If you have any more questions, I'm happy to answer them - DM me. 

JMW

If you are outrightly rejected after your interview date, you should receive a rejection email around a week after you interviewed. If you hear nothing, you are on the waitlist. 

Things happen and people do withdraw due to life circumstances. I can tell you that people were accepted off the waitlist as late as June for my class (classes start at the end of June). Best of luck. 

Are interviews completely finished? I applied in the middle of July and believe I was a competitive applicant. I have been accepted at all 3 schools I interviewed at, one even during the actual interview. I emailed the program in November asking if my application had been received and got no reply. This was my top choice so I am kind of disappointed.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2017 at 10:16 AM, annashlynn said:

Accidentally posted this in the 2016-2017 thread. I'm very curious to know what the Southampton campus is like! Anyone have any input? :)

Hey, annashlynn! So unfortunately during my interview in November, I didn't get the chance to take advantage of the Southampton campus tour. I checked down "both" on the slip of paper before my interview and I luckily got accepted to the Southampton campus! As a result, on a day off from work, I kidnapped my friend who just wrapped up his semester at NYIT in mid-December, and took a mini road trip to the Southampton campus. To be fair, most of the classes were finished for the year, so the campus seemed a bit empty looking, but the facilities were great! It looks like a bunch of the buildings were retro-fitted and updated with modern touches. We were able to get a peak into the very modern Duke Lecture Hall, we checked out the brand new library, and unintentionally bumped into one of the administrators for the School of Health Technology & Management. She brought us to the spacious and up-to-date rooms that house the PT and OT learning equipment and she told us that a new building strictly dedicated to the PA students would be available to the Class of 2020. Other things to mention, in Southampton fashion there's a farm-to-table cafeteria, and there's a small gym with a good amount of machines, a couple smith machines, and other miscellaneous work-out equipment. What I'm curious about is where we will be housed, as I have heard that a majority of the pre-existing students on that campus typically rent summer homes from Southampton residents (for a reasonable rate). Like someone else on this thread mentioned, there's a huge parking lot located at the entrance of the campus and like the best things in life, it's free! I definitely did not know what to expect before going to the campus, but after visiting I can't wait to start in June! 

On 12/26/2017 at 9:36 PM, ma2pa1994 said:

Are interviews completely finished? I applied in the middle of July and believe I was a competitive applicant. I have been accepted at all 3 schools I interviewed at, one even during the actual interview. I emailed the program in November asking if my application had been received and got no reply. This was my top choice so I am kind of disappointed.

I haven't heard anything either :/ I don't think i ever heard from them when I applied last year either. I wonder if they just don't notify people of rejection...